Leaked gtx 360 and gtx 380 benches

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

successful_troll

Distinguished
May 5, 2009

I didn’t photoshop any benchmarks. All are from a secret sores that I am not allow to tell.

G

Santa brings gifts to everyone...

2uzf320.jpg

Now, really, looking at those specs and pixel fillrates etc the 380 will not be faster more than 20-30% of the 5870, so thers no way it would beat the 5970 and when they come out , we will see this happen. Nvidia shot themself twice :

1st) When refusing the DX10.1 that was giving 20% advantage for all ATi cards and then tried running after game developers with $$ just to remove the DX10.1 features with a patch,remmber with Assassins creed?. How bad for a company reputation is that?

2nd) We wont be seeing any DX11 GPu from nVidia until Q2 which is near the ATi 6xxx launch or the 5xxx refresh. HD 5xxx launch was? October, Fermi launch? Nearly 6 months after!!!

Also, note that nVidia tend to mislead consumers always by renaming product names, any one has a GTX280m? These cards are all the same with diffrent boxes gTx280m-8800gt-9800gt-gts250 all the same card with a new box and a new price LOL I just respect ATi more thats reality , I switched from a GTX280 to a 5970 and I am pretty happy. I just trust Ati more. My money is on the best and eyefinity. :love:

Unless nVidia pulls out a rabit like a Dual-Fermi cards they wont be selling their cards higher than 499$. The nVidia die is nearly 2xCypress and Ati can reduce price without loosing much profits while nVidia cant as we are seeing with the 285. I just like Ati smart strategy's , Small Die size-> More profits-> Flexible price -> We get them cheaper with competition. Also Ati is still holding its back with a 256bit bus since when? which also reduce the cost of their cards. The GTX380 will be using 384bit which is more expensive. So it is safe to say that the GTX380 price will not be lower than 550$ like the GTX280. But if nVidia can produce a GTX395 with a die that large I would be the 1st to buy one.

G

Sorry but you should rename your username to Fail Troll, Im serious maybe ask a moderator? because nVidia said themself that these were fake accoring to NordicHardware.
Keep the fun coming :hello: And you can keep your "secret" Imagination LOL :D
Go read on xtremesystems theyr making funny jokes about you LOOL :na:
But really, we need people like you to entertain us. ;)

Then how did you come up with this? Did "Tom" tell you not to tell anyone?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

LoLza-1.png

4745454b

Titan
Look it is as easy as this, Nvidia did not go spend millions of dollars just to launch something that cannot compete with what AMD has ATM. It would make no sense to come all this way and have an inferior GPU lineup

Why not? Didn't AMD do this with the 2xxx and 3xxx series? Didn't AMD tell us that these cards weren't going to compete with the highend of Nvidia? 3870 was about as good at the 8800GT, while the 3850 could handle the 8800GS. Nvidia has been busy working on their GPGPU chip, which might actually fail at graphics when compared to AMDs cards. Is it so impossible to believe that they might not get it this time?

Ask your self this, if Nvidia has always came out with the more powerfull GPU no matter what gen we are talking about, why would you think that this time it will be any different?

You don't really believe that do you? If so I think I see the problem. The 9700pro was better then the 5800. Running DX9 code on the NV3x was a joke. The x1950 series was also better then what Nvidia had at the time, though the lead wasn't as much. Nvidia has really only been on top since they hit it out of the park with the g80/g92 chip. The G200 series is hard for me to call. Yes it was faster then the AMD cards, but so expensive to make that Nvidia had to stop making them. I believe you'll see a repeat of that with this round.

jennyh

Splendid

Yep but then again the gpu's nvidia keep sending back to TSMC are basically the same gpu's that were supposed to be released 3 months ago. Just because they can't get a decent yield or the have other silicon problems doesn't mean they are making the gpu better - they are just trying to get it to work at their initial target speeds.

Ask your self this, if Nvidia has always came out with the more powerfull GPU no matter what gen we are talking about, why would you think that this time it will be any different? Do you all actually think that this time AMD will keep the crown for years to come knowing that by past experiences we have seen the contrary? Specially since we all know that Nvidia will overprice their new lineup.. Or do you guys think that this time Nvidia opt for a more conservative approach and admit defeat as well as selling thier new line-up at a better price than what AMD is offering?

They haven't, frequently. Nvidia will release what they can because they have no alternative. It *will* be slower than the 5970 of that there is no doubt, but that doesn't mean they wont get straight to work on their own dual gpu version that might take the performance crown back eventually.

They aren't going to hold up on releasing fermi until that happens because if they do, it might not happen. A win for Nvidia here is beating the 5870 - not the 5970. Can you think of any other gpu from the same process that has beaten a dual version from either side? Not even the gtx285 could beat the 4850x2 months after the 4850x2 was released yet you think the gtx380 is going to beat the 5970?

You are not understanding my point, of course one company will have a stronger GPU at any given time, what I am stating is that it is like a cycle where AMD steals the crown from nvidia and then nvidia steals it back. I am not arguing over who had the best GPU back in the day, as time goes by one manufacturer has the latest bells n whistles while the other is back to the drawing board trying to make something superior.

Of course I am not saying that I am 100% sure that Nvidia will wipe the floor with AMD, im just going by what we have seen in the past.

Yep but then again the gpu's nvidia keep sending back to TSMC are basically the same gpu's that were supposed to be released 3 months ago. Just because they can't get a decent yield or the have other silicon problems doesn't mean they are making the gpu better - they are just trying to get it to work at their initial target speeds.

Agreed, but this in part is not 100% Nvidias fault, the *** really hit the fan this year for both AMD and Nvidia due to the TSMC mess.....

4745454b

Titan
You are not understanding my point, of course one company will have a stronger GPU at any given time

But thats not what you wrote. Read what you wrote again.

Ask your self this, if Nvidia has always came out with the more powerfull GPU no matter what gen we are talking about, why would you think that this time it will be any different?

How did I not understand either? I wrote that AMD/ATI had the better card with the 9700, implied they failed with the x8xx, and x18xx cards, back on top with the x19xx family, then lost again with the 2xxx and 3xxx cards. It sure as heck wasn't Intel with the performance lead, so it had to be Nvidia. I understand this, not sure you do.

If you want to talk about the past, then AMD might still well hold the crown this time. Nvidia had the crown while it rode the horse that was G80/G92. If Nvidia is so concerned about GPGPU, then I feel the odds are high they aren't working on the GPU side as much. I'm not saying the cards will suck for video games, nor do I believe that it will be slower then the 5870. I do believe that it will won't have a chance of beating the 5890.

Again you are not understanding what I am saying, If AMD in one point in time had a better GPU than Nvidia, Nvidia released a GPU that could bang with AMD's GPU even if the performance gap was less than 5%, meaning Nvidia would always counter with a GPU that could equal or surpass anything that AMD had to offer and the same goes for AMD (vice-versa). Of course there were times where AMD had the better part and there were times that Nvidia had the better part, that is my argument. And the fact that this time AMD hit it right on the button, so this leaves Nvidia with only one choice and that is to try and equal whatever AMD has or it will be all downhill for Nvidia this time around. Ok, so lets say that Nvidia has no answer to the 5970, there will be no point in launching a product that cannot beat the 5870 when we know as a fact that it will cost more than the 5870, much more. Rest assured that Nvidia aint gonna sell a next-gen GPU of that caliber around the same price as the GTX 295. So lets say that Nvidias answer to the 5870 will cost around 500/550$, if it does not beat the 5870 by 20% or more, nobody will shell out 550$ when they can shell out 450$ for a 5870 and overclock it by 15%.

impaledmango

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009
About the pricing I think they'll be like every other nvidia card release. GTX380 $700-800 and gtx360 $450-500. The real win here is the gtx 360, if it really performs like those charts it'll probably be one of the top selling cards of this gen of graphic cards.

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
well not all ATI vs Nvidia power exchanges were one after another. ATI had some flat generations and so has Nvidia. not saying that its true because i dont know but maybe Nvidias new card doesnt match the 5xxx series cards so they are going full blast trying to make them faster if even by the slightest margin on some benchmarks. it is a new arch so that comes with its own inherent problems. these fake benchmarks could be very damaging if they aren't even close to being true.

brockh

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
I think it's funny that people think Nvidia is gonna beat the 5970 with a single GPU board... Expect them to at least start (if they're lucky) comparing performance against 5850/5870. I doubt they'll be putting two of anything anywhere near a piece of silicon before they can even make one.

Well my hopes are that Nvidia does pull through with a decent product that can at least compare to what AMD has ATM. Back when the 5850 and the 5870 came out they were priced perfectly and everyone had high hopes that Nvidia would sell a next-gen GPU at similar prices, now that the 5850 and 5870 have jumped almost 80/100$ more than what they were a launch those hopes are far gone, I don't see a point in spending almost 700$ or 800$ on a GPU that cannot surpass the 5970. Might as well throw in the towel if Nvidia does manage to price the 380 way over the pricing of the 5970....

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
well ATI pricing will come down as availability increases which will probably be real close to the launch of the Fermi. just guessing but i imagine 3 months from now TSMC will have their ducks in a row.

cheesesubs

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009

i agree that amd did gave intel nightmare back to athlon fx/x2 era...they near manage to destroy intel....however their athlon were able to beat intel was because intel insist stick with netburst....which this amd "domination" was actually created by intel's own hand.

back to the topic i believe gtx 380 may give a long shot and force amd to drop their evergreedy's back to their low budget line....just wait and see. but I dont think this will be end that easily for amd since larrabee is going to enter the battle field as well next year. to me it is best bet that amd will ended up like 3dfx.....good old day

in 2010 the graphical market will remain nvidia and intel in the ring just like nividia and ati after 3dfx's downfall. amd will split into two part as nvidia acquired the x86 division and intel takeover ati's...that is how the story end.

4745454b

Titan
And the fact that this time AMD hit it right on the button, so this leaves Nvidia with only one choice and that is to try and equal whatever AMD has or it will be all downhill for Nvidia this time around.

Again, that's not what you said.

The 380 will beat the 5970 hands down, it has to or Nvidia won't sell GPU's...I see it as a cycle, AMD drops a bomb and then it is Nvidias turn to raise the bar

Your trying/tried to tell us that the GTX380 WILL beat the 5970 simply because it has to? Because AMD "won" the 4xxx card so history says its Nvidia's turn now? Because if it doesn't Nvidia won't have any cards to sell? (oddly enough this happened at the high end with the 4xxx. Nvidia EOL'd the GTX 280 and higher because it cost to much to make them.) Sorry to say its not always like this. The AMD 2xxx cards sucked compared to the 8800GT. AMD should have been better with the 3xxx cards, but they weren't good enough either. The cycle doesn't always flip with each generation.

now that the 5850 and 5870 have jumped almost 80/100$ more than what they were a launch those hopes are far gone

WTF are you talking about? Launch prices (as I remember them) were $270 for the 5850, and $399 for the 5870.

Here is a 5850 with a copy of dirt two for $310. That's an extra $40.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121349

Here is a 5870 with a copy of dirt two for $410. That's an extra $10.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121346

Prices have gone up $10-40, nothing close to $100. The price increase had everything to do with yields at TSMC. I think I understand the point you were trying to make. Had Nvidia come out with the GTX380/360 closer to the time the 5xxx cards were launched we might have seen lower prices from the start instead of a small rise in prices. Possible, but TSMCs problems would have prevented that from happening. (I noticed also your use of the $ sign behind the dollar amount. This is common in countries other then the USA, so its possible that the price has gone up that much where you are. If thats the case however you shouldn't use the dollar sign.)

You've tried in about 4 or so posts to tell us what you really meant, and have doubled the price increase of what really happened. I think I see you for what you are, a troll. The benchies are fake, the 380 will be faster then the 5870. I'm done.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008

I just want that nice case i wont even care if the air flow is *** that is one good looking case.

4745454b

Titan
No I didn't see it, but I like the slick layout they have there. While its expensive, you do get a lot of stuff. TT toughpower case, two 5870s, an i7 975, Intel SSD, two 640GB drives, 12GBs of ram, dual blu ray burners, etc. Oddly enough the only thing really missing are the three monitors to support Eyefinity. It would be very nice if they had a combo for that. I personally wouldn't buy it, but at least they are no substandard parts.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
That 2x2tb Sata 6.0 drives from Seagate which is why they are 300 bucks a pop such bad per price/gb and 1 SSD from intel

Also i thought eyefinity doesn't work under crossfire or does it ionno conflicting info.

brockh

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

The airflow on that case is probably superb. Everything has its own compartment with little to no empty space (for idle air) so in that respect it's almost open air because nothing is being recirculated nor does it have the room to store hot air.

Status
Not open for further replies.