Led tv doesn't turn off along with the computer, 'check signal cable' is shown forever (HDMI)

Sep 17, 2013
I've searched far and wide for a solution to my problem, and since i didn't found it, i decided to post here, maybe some of you could help. So bear with me guys.
I managed to finally connect my computer to my samsung led tv, but after i shut down the computer or put it in sleep mode, the screen remains on, displaying the 'chech signal cable' forever. I've managed to look into the tv's settings, and i saw "eco solution" where it says 'waiting with no signal' and you have to chose between disabled, 15 min, 30 min, 60 min etc.
Here's the catch: if i select 'disabled' it the screen would display the signal message forever (though it shouldn't, disabled = no waiting when no signal, right?) but when i put it to 15 minutes it does turn off (after 15 min, obviously).
But 15 min is very inconvenient for me, and i always have to go for the remote and turn it off myself, and then on again when i turn on the computer.
I didnt't have this problem when i was connected trough VGA, i read that vga does make the led tv behave like a monitor.
So my question is: is there a way i could reduce or nullify that waiting with no signal message display time, or make my led tv behave like a monitor (like with VGA)?
I just want my led tv to automatically shut off after i turn off the computer. I don't think it's too much to ask...
So please, wonderful people, help me with my issue here and let's solve this thread so it can be useful to everyone having this issue! :) thanks anyway!

Sep 17, 2013
I looked in the tv options, yes, it has anyet+ but there are 'no avaliable devices'. I suppose i would need a software to install on my computer for this to work, i searched on the internet but didn't find any.

McHenryB

Admirable
"Disabled" means sleep mode disabled, i.e. it will never power down. Use the power button or the remote to turn the TV off. Otherwise, I believe you can buy adapters that will sense when the power is turned off on the main device and power off other connected devices. But how hard can it be to press a power switch?

Sep 17, 2013
as i was saying i thought that there is a way to make it act like a monitor, to shut itself off, and start again simultaneous with the computer. Because when it was connected trough VGA it worked fine. I thought there is a way to make this work for hdmi too.. well, i'll let the 15 min setting for now and use the remote when i really need to close it right away.

what made me want to find a setting to make it turn off with along with the computer was the fact that my roommate used it while i was away and then she left too. and after i return (after a few good days) i look at the screen and guess what: 'check signal cable'.

tech-wreck

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
could be worse... my 'smart' tv if left to turn itself off, will show a message saying 'the tv switched off because there was no activity' when switched back on, and then I have to hunt down the remote to clear the message...

Sep 17, 2013
i agree. your situation is worse.. it's really enervating.. you pay so much money for a tv and it can't do basic tasks. i mean.. we are not asking for much, people!
It's like you buy a bike, a really great bike, but it doesn't have a kickstand. it's a nice bike and all, but you always have to handle it and place it carefully against the wall.
so much for comparisons today
anyway, i almost lost hope on this 'great, impossible-to-meet requirement of mine'