[SOLVED] Left mouse button release issue

Perene

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
If I left click and drag something, the mouse releases the left button and then presses it again automatically. All within a fraction of a second.

In other words the mouse is without any previous warning doing a double left click and the 2nd one I don't know when it's going to happen. For example: let's picture I hit X and close a window and there's another one open, from my browser. If I did this twice then both would close. But I only did once. However in the next fraction of a second the mouse will behave by closing the 2nd one (the browser), at the same time.

Problem is, my left finger only hit this mouse ONCE. Not twice. So the command issued by the mouse is flawed at random moments.

Could this be fixed in my Windows, perhaps using a specific software/setting, or there's a big chance it could be a hardware issue only solvable if I replace the current mouse?

My OS is Windows 10 64 bit, and mouse is a Logitech G300S. Current Windows settings for the mouse are:

https://cutt.ly/VlFmYfV

Solution
The switch is dying. If you want to salvage the mouse, the switch can easily be replaced. Though, I must admit, 'easy' is subjective and it only applies if you're handy with a soldering iron.

The replacement switch you want is the Omron D2FC-F-K. This is specifically designed for ultra-low current use as a mouse switch. Any other switch that may look the same but are designed for higher current usually do not last. There's a long explanation why that is, just Google it.

The same 'double-click' issue became apparent on my then 3-month old Logitech M585 mouse. I just replaced the switch over 6 months ago and it hasn't had the issue since.
If I left click and drag something, the mouse releases the left button and then presses it again automatically. All within a fraction of a second.

In other words the mouse is without any previous warning doing a double left click and the 2nd one I don't know when it's going to happen. For example: let's picture I hit X and close a window and there's another one open, from my browser. If I did this twice then both would close. But I only did once. However in the next fraction of a second the mouse will behave by closing the 2nd one (the browser), at the same time.

Problem is, my left finger only hit this mouse ONCE. Not twice. So the command issued by the mouse is flawed at random moments.

Could this be fixed in my Windows, perhaps using a specific software/setting, or there's a big chance it could be a hardware issue only solvable if I replace the current mouse?

My OS is Windows 10 64 bit, and mouse is a Logitech G300S. Current Windows settings for the mouse are:

https://cutt.ly/VlFmYfV
Play with the mouse settings.....if no help replace the mouse.

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
The switch is dying. If you want to salvage the mouse, the switch can easily be replaced. Though, I must admit, 'easy' is subjective and it only applies if you're handy with a soldering iron.

The replacement switch you want is the Omron D2FC-F-K. This is specifically designed for ultra-low current use as a mouse switch. Any other switch that may look the same but are designed for higher current usually do not last. There's a long explanation why that is, just Google it.

The same 'double-click' issue became apparent on my then 3-month old Logitech M585 mouse. I just replaced the switch over 6 months ago and it hasn't had the issue since.

Solution

Perene

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
Bought a new mouse. Really, this site https://codepen.io/blink172/pen/vERyxK

Revealed a problem with the left side. Yesterday the number of double-clicks was high after 100-200 clicks. Now at least 1 every 100-200. I didn't know this was bound to happen.

P.S. Spoke too soon. New test:

XAAAAAAAAA.png

Reactions: AlexTheFern

TRENDING THREADS