[SOLVED] Legion 5 15ARH05H - Which SSD can I use?

May 18, 2021
So, I've bought this computer on january and I have a 500gb SSD 2242.
I wanted to expand the storage and buy an SSD with 500gb or 1TB, the thing is, I don't know which size SSD I need to buy, can I use an 2280 SSD or do I need to really buy an 2242?
I'm asking this because I've had difficulty to find a 2242 for a reasonable price.

Even if I already have a 2242 installed? So I can use a 2242 + 2280 at the same time?
And for example, I want to add 8gb of RAM as well, should I keep the one I have and add a Crucial RAM with the same size, mhz, volts etc? Or should I buy a pack?
So I can use a 2242 + 2280 at the same time?......no.
One m.2 and one 2.5.

I want to add 8gb of RAM as well, should I keep the one I have and add a Crucial RAM with the same size, mhz, volts etc? Or should I buy a pack?
You can try adding a matching stick......flip a coin if the 2 sticks will play nice together.
Getting a kit eliminates a variable.

WildCard999

Titan
Even if I already have a 2242 installed? So I can use a 2242 + 2280 at the same time?
And for example, I want to add 8gb of RAM as well, should I keep the one I have and add a Crucial RAM with the same size, mhz, volts etc? Or should I buy a pack?
I don't think that laptop has two M.2 slots, just the one M.2 slot that probably supports both sizes and then a 2.5" slot but you can check this by carefully opening the system. As for the memory you can try to pair it with a exact stick as it might work. There's a small chance it won't but I think it's worth a try as long as the retailor supports returns.