News Lenovo’s ThinkPad X1 Fold IS Available for Pre-Order, But When Does it Ship?

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Forgive my ignorance, but why is a special edition of windows (10x) needed to run on a foldable device? If it is considered 2 screens, fine, I'm running windows 10 with 2 displays right now. I can have applications treat them as one continuous screen or separate screens to fit my needs.

USAFRet

Titan
They are not worth double the price and not worth losing build Quality just to have a screen that folds instead of just cheaper and more durable two separate screens.
In some use cases, for some people, it might be useful tool.
Even if only a fashion statement.

Like a $1000 iphone.
Not worth it to me, but you have people lining up around the block for one.

"worth" is determined by the holder of the particular wallet.

Reactions: panathas

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
In some use cases, for some people, it might be useful tool.
Even if only a fashion statement.

Like a $1000 iphone.
Not worth it to me, but you have people lining up around the block for one.

"worth" is determined by the holder of the particular wallet.

Not even close , They are above $2000 for really nothing in return ...

First , you lose water resistance , second you lose scratch resistance and gorilla glass on folding screen ... and last you get dust particles sneaking in with folding ..

I dont mind paying more for new tech , but it is lower Quality and just a Gimmick .. Two separate screens are way better and more durable than a single folded one ... you sacrifice durability for that.

jakjawagon

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
I wouldn't say never on a foldable device, but the price is way too high relative to the performance. I'd rather pay less (or even the same) and get more performance in a tradition form factor.
At least it's not as bad as Windows on ARM devices. Those asked you to pay more for less performance and software compatability, with really nothing in return.