Question Lenovo 15G4IAP Thinkpad BIOS update killed 40 system devices

May 1, 2024
I just installed the latest BIOS update from Lenovo, with no reported problems. Device Manager now lists about 40 system devices that no longer work. The machine seems to run OK, but the update clearly had issues. Windows and Lenovo updates are all current.

This is the second machine in a week that has this problem I resolved the last one by using RSTRUI to roll back to the previous registry. Didn't work this time.

Anybody got a handle on this? I can't return this machine to my client with this mess.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You can try and remove the battery from the laptop, and press an hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power. Try and power up with external power and see if the issue persists.

Can you pass on a screenshot of what you're seeing in Device manager? Speaking of Device Manager, what OS are you on and what version of the OS(not edition) are you on?

May 1, 2024
Sorry, I'm new here. I have a screen shot, but I don't know how to insert a picture here. Pathetic, I guess, but true.

Visualize or open Device Manager. The entire outline should be closed. Scroll down to "System Devices", It lists about 40 system devices that are not running. Does that help?

May 1, 2024
Sorry, I'm new here. I have a screen shot, but I don't know how to insert a picture here. Pathetic, I guess, but true.

Visualize or open Device Manager. The entire outline should be closed. Scroll down to "System Devices", It lists about 40 system devices that are not running. Does that help?
Missed this: Windows 11 Pro.