Lenovo Adds New ULV Intel CPUs to U Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotts06

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Don't really need an internal drive, I hardly ever use the one on my desktop, so I think its worth it, because of the loss of weight and smaller size, it is an ultra mobile after all.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]Please tell me they didn't leave out an internal drive...[/citation]

Haha! Internal drive???!?!?...Pssh who needs those? Core i7 users usually just roam around the internet, check email, you know nothing to serious....Word maybe...Oh right you needed to install that via DVD....hmm. Okay no Word then.

=)

scotts06

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
That's why you install the few programs that can't be downloaded with the external DVD drive, not many programs require the DVD to be in at all times, so you just unplug it once it is done installing, and you are good to go!

G

INVENTORS - DO NOT TRUST INTEL
I invented a CPU cooler - 3 times better than best - better than water. Intel have major CPU cooling problems - "Intel's microprocessors were generating so much heat that they were melting" (iht.com) - try to talk to them - they send my communications to my competitor & will not talk to me.

Winners of major 'Corporate Social Responsibility' awardS!!!

Huh!!!!

When did RICO get repealed?"

INVENTORS - DO NOT TRUST INTEL!!!

BTW, I have the evidence - my competitor gave it to me.

BBTW, I am prepared to apologise to Intel if;
• They can show that the actions were those of a single individual in the company, acting outside corporate policy, and:
• They gain redress on my behalf.

Although playing a major role in it's facilitation, the power of the internet appears to have come as much a surprise to Intel as it has to the catholic church.

Inventors - help your fellow inventors - share your experiences with companies - good and bad.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]Stuart21[/nom]INVENTORS - DO NOT TRUST INTEL I invented a CPU cooler - 3 times better than best - better than water. Intel have major CPU cooling problems - "Intel's microprocessors were generating so much heat that they were melting" (iht.com) - try to talk to them - they send my communications to my competitor & will not talk to me.Winners of major 'Corporate Social Responsibility' awardS!!!Huh!!!!When did RICO get repealed?"INVENTORS - DO NOT TRUST INTEL!!!BTW, I have the evidence - my competitor gave it to me.BBTW, I am prepared to apologise to Intel if; • They can show that the actions were those of a single individual in the company, acting outside corporate policy, and:• They gain redress on my behalf.Although playing a major role in it's facilitation, the power of the internet appears to have come as much a surprise to Intel as it has to the catholic church.Inventors - help your fellow inventors - share your experiences with companies - good and bad.[/citation]
are you trying to advertise something on here? because you are doing a horrific job if you are. you sound like a spam advertisement i see on terrible websites like myspace, which is why im giving you a great thumbs down.

intel's cpu stock cooling works just fine. if you want to overclock, then get something that isn't stock. *no brainer*

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
dvd drives are useless for laptops if you already own a netbook and a good desktop, most users already have an external dvd drive by now, so you should get on with the trend and use flash drives, sd cards, and external drives

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]liquidsnake718[/nom]dvd drives are useless for laptops if you already own a netbook and a good desktop, most users already have an external dvd drive by now, so you should get on with the trend and use flash drives, sd cards, and external drives[/citation]

I dunno. I just find USB installers of everything I need. There's even USB installers for Windows 7. So now I have an 8 GB flashdisk, and I'm good to go.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Stop telling us how many damned cells a battery has, and tell us it's watt hour rating...

[citation][nom]Stuart21[/nom]INVENTORS - DO NOT TRUST INTEL I invented a CPU cooler - 3 times better than best - better than water. Intel have major CPU cooling problems - "Intel's microprocessors were generating so much heat that they were melting" (iht.com) - try to talk to them - they send my communications to my competitor & will not talk to me.Winners of major 'Corporate Social Responsibility' awardS!!!Huh!!!!When did RICO get repealed?"INVENTORS - DO NOT TRUST INTEL!!!BTW, I have the evidence - my competitor gave it to me.BBTW, I am prepared to apologise to Intel if; • They can show that the actions were those of a single individual in the company, acting outside corporate policy, and:• They gain redress on my behalf.Although playing a major role in it's facilitation, the power of the internet appears to have come as much a surprise to Intel as it has to the catholic church.Inventors - help your fellow inventors - share your experiences with companies - good and bad.[/citation]
I've invented the idea for a new cooler 3x better than the best. Pure diamond. 3x as heat conductive as copper.
I should go patent the idea.
... Would be cool to have a synthetic diamond HSF though.

At least they aren't priced too badly.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Honestly, I haven't used the optical drive on my current laptop in over a year. I know I am not every customer, but external ones are cheap. I just can't imagine someone needing to have it on the laptop every second you use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.