Question Lenovo Blocking Driver Updates

Apr 5, 2023
I have a Lenovo Yoga running Intel i7 8th Gen.

Recently, I downloaded Diablo II Resurrected but the game prompts me to update my Intel drivers or suffer stability issues and crashes.

I've updated as much as I can using the Lenovo Vantage updater, Windows Updater and even downloaded a free Driver Booster that scans and updates all drivers with updates available. Everything says I'm up to date except for the game and the Intel website. Intel scans my system and says I have 3 pending installs but it's installer isn't allowed to update them for me due to my manufacturer (Lenovo). Apparently Lenovo only lets you update drivers that it has approved and the newer stuff isn't on the approved list yet. If I had known there would be this block by the manufacturer I would have bought a different computer.

Alas, can anyone help me download the most up to date Intel drivers?

Apr 5, 2023
You might go directly to Intel’s site and see if you can download the driver directly. Also dump driver booster. Sometimes those programs cause more issues than they solve.
Thanks,

I already sent to Intel's site and downloaded the files via zip. An .exe download is available but Intel's updater cannot complete the driver update due to my laptop manufacturer locking updates from outside sources. I'm looking to find a way to override this.