Lenovo Contrite Over Superfish Disaster, Promises No Bloatware In The Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I think this is a step in the right direction,other companies have done a lot worse and have cared a whole lot less. I believe this is due to their hold on the business market.

Resinveins

Reputable
Feb 27, 2015
I could forgive Lenovo if it was an accident. It wasn't. It was a money grab at the expense of your customer's security. I could forgive them if they hadn't lied about the severity, scope, or intent, but they did. Sorry but I'll never buy Lenovo products again.

Tanner Fredrickson

Reputable
Feb 6, 2015
No companies are inherently kind or inherently malicious. They do exactly what they believe will make them the most money, nothing more and nothing less.

Do I believe Lenovo is sorry? No. They're trying to avoid financial backlash.

Do I believe any company is any better? No. If others haven't pulled this **** already, it's only because they didn't think they could get away with it.

Companies exist only to be money-making machines. They have no morals, good or bad, just a bottom line.

I have a Lenovo Y50, and it's a great laptop. I'm not going to avoid Lenovo because of this, because honestly anyone who assumes any corporation is looking out for your best interests is just naive or poorly informed. We always need to watch out for this and keep them in line. Lenovo has acted as expected, then reacted as expected, and the problem is fixed. Until the next problem, of course. If you don't like it, well... That's capitalism.

Kudos to Lenovo to finally understand... now if the other hardware companies could see this.

You don't have an idea how much bloatware my Asus laptop is having on the restore partition.

Now, if only the OS was provided physically... If you lose your restore partition, you lose your OS... brilliant tactic,

manitoublack

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
When I bought my Lenovo Y510p the fist thing I did was do a clean 8.1 image install. Never even booted into the factory instead OS. I recommend that to all my friends and even offer to help. That way you never have these sorts of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.