Question lenovo disabled charging of 3rd party batteries ?? " the battery installed is not supported by this system and will not charge"

Status
Not open for further replies.

username11223

Honorable
Oct 28, 2015
edit: resolved downgraded bios form 1.37 to 1.20

i have 2 lenovo t450s, both with upgraded 6 cell Amazon batteries. in the past few days bothcomputers have these same messages when rebooted requiring "escape" to accept the message in order to boot up ... i've removed the lenovo battery management software (didn't help)

seems the message is from the bios (downgrading to 1.36 didn't work), suggestions ?

#1 the battery installed is not supported by this system and will not charge...

#2 this system does not support the batteries that are not genuine lenove authorized. the system will continue to boot, but many not charge batteries. attention lenovo has no responsivity for the performance of unauthorized and provides no warrantee ... . pres ESC key to continue

Last edited:

username11223

Honorable
Oct 28, 2015
Mar 29, 2023
edit: resolved downgraded bios form 1.37 to 1.20

i have 2 lenovo t450s, both with upgraded 6 cell Amazon batteries. in the past few days bothcomputers have these same messages when rebooted requiring "escape" to accept the message in order to boot up ... i've removed the lenovo battery management software (didn't help)

seems the message is from the bios (downgrading to 1.36 didn't work), suggestions ?

#1 the battery installed is not supported by this system and will not charge...

#2 this system does not support the batteries that are not genuine lenove authorized. the system will continue to boot, but many not charge batteries. attention lenovo has no responsivity for the performance of unauthorized and provides no warrantee ... . pres ESC key to continue

Hello buddy i have the same issue, i was reading over the internet and somebody said that the bios can't be degraded from version 1.30 afterward. Any trick or walkthrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.