Question Lenovo G550 Low speed WIFI

Pablo349

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
Hello. I wanted to know if this is the maximum speed capable for this laptop.
I have this issue with a LENOVO g550. My internet service is 100mb/s , but in speed test it only shows 18MB/S, and the download speed is 1.5/1.8 mb/s.
It has a 54MB/S broadcom bcm94312mcg. Running windows 10.
Is it normal ??
Thanks

It been so long I forget what those old cards get. That is a 802.11g what they now call wifi3 so it is 3 full generation old and soon to be 4.

I would think you would get a bit more. Are you getting 18mbits/sec or 1.5mbits/sec. 18mbits/sec would not be unexpected for those old cards.

You might consider getting a newer USB wifi device you can get then pretty cheap. You might also consider replacing the internal card it seem easy to get to. The only tricky thing is it uses the old full length minipcie card. Almost all minipcie cards are now half height. They do make adapters to make the cards longer. You likely should look for 802.11ac devices

Pablo349

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
It been so long I forget what those old cards get. That is a 802.11g what they now call wifi3 so it is 3 full generation old and soon to be 4.

I would think you would get a bit more. Are you getting 18mbits/sec or 1.5mbits/sec. 18mbits/sec would not be unexpected for those old cards.

You might consider getting a newer USB wifi device you can get then pretty cheap. You might also consider replacing the internal card it seem easy to get to. The only tricky thing is it uses the old full length minipcie card. Almost all minipcie cards are now half height. They do make adapters to make the cards longer. You likely should look for 802.11ac devices
Thank you, I will consider the usb then

TRENDING THREADS