Lenovo K900's Intel Processor Scores High in Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipmen

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Not bad at all... Till I saw 16gbs of storage. I hope it has removable storage because 16gbs does not cut it.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Since this benchmark weights in factors like the device's storage read/write speeds, these scores are moderately meaningless. My LG optimus G scores 19k.

Moreover, show us how these CPU gains will further functionality. :)

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Hopefully the battery life is decent. I'm not saying that Intel has trouble with power efficiency (it's on par with ARM actually), but I've seen demos of OCing smartphones.

Obviously their performance increased, at the cost of their battery life being meh.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Suspicious link is suspicious...[/citation]
Not knowing goo.gl is shortened google link is commendable for a veteran on tech forums

someoneelse

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
[citation][nom]saintjimmy[/nom]Sure it may be really fast, but does that matter if it has terrible battery life?[/citation]
True

I think the trick is to put a massive battery in it and hope people don't notice the wieght.

In theory if you get the power management done well on the chip the chip will only reach full clock ( and full power consumption ) when it needs to . With a high clock & good power managment if you just ran benchmarks continously your battery would be done in a couple of hours but on normal use the power management would keep it within the same limits as every other phone . Essentially it's peak burst rate that grabs headlines and power managment that keeps daily battery life in check.

CyberAngel

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Wait 'til nxt yr...14nm Atom will beat every other ARM-like CPU using less power!
I just wonder how well Broadwell will do?
Oh, well...more than a year to wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.