Lenovo Launches Barrage of New Notebooks and Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.

shabodah

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
I'd love to see an AMD Fusion A4 Thinkpad, because I don't like the touchpad, give me the trademark thinkpad stick/nub, thank you very much!

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Do my eyes deceive me?A Lenovo laptop that doesn't look identical to every other Lenovo laptop since before IBM used to make them?Surely not![/citation]
yes it's great lenovo now makes a good looking laptop
it looks better than a macbook pro
and that mate finish looks great

[citation][nom]shabodah[/nom]I'd love to see an AMD Fusion A4 Thinkpad, because I don't like the touchpad, give me the trademark thinkpad stick/nub, thank you very much![/citation]
i really want to see a trinity notebook NOW

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
All those glossy and shiny cases and screens... but unless I get at least 1200 lines resolution my wallet stays in my back pocket !
I am sick and tired of 1080p displays for computing use. It is simply not enough these days !

digitalzom-b

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Looks nice. When I looked at the laptop though, I immediately thought it looked like a Mac Book. Anyone else? Not saying it's a bad thing, just an observation

Good to see Lenovo offering a nice gaming setup too, that seems like quite a customizable system, wondering if you get to pick different cases for it too (for better cooling, of course).

digitalzom-b

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
[citation][nom]digitalzom-b[/nom]Looks nice. When I looked at the laptop though, I immediately thought it looked like a Mac Book. Anyone else? Not saying it's a bad thing, just an observationGood to see Lenovo offering a nice gaming setup too, that seems like quite a customizable system, wondering if you get to pick different cases for it too (for better cooling, of course).[/citation]

Well I guess maybe not since it mentions the "tower," so it must be a beast. I'm excited to see what they have to offer, and with a starting price of 600 dollars, perhaps a decent price on a decent gaming system.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]digitalzom-b[/nom]Well I guess maybe not since it mentions the "tower," so it must be a beast. I'm excited to see what they have to offer, and with a starting price of 600 dollars, perhaps a decent price on a decent gaming system.[/citation]
Not only that but you can buy the base model and upgrade as necessary for those not so in tune with computer hardware build up.

G

Why are the graphics HD3000? That means it's a Sandy Bridge and not an IvyBridge. Why wouldn't they be announcing IvyBridge considering we're talking about May and June deliveries? The HD4000's were impressive at CES according to reports. Not sure why they would make an UltraBook with old hardware. Just seems silly...

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Where have most of you been for the last few years, anyways? Lenovo doesn't just make ThinkPads...

But that Ultrabook looks like the best one I've seen so far, as long as I can get it in U300s orange or black.

Though it would be nice if Lenovo gave a couple other options that you can get on their other machines.

For example, instead of the standard 1366 x 768 glossy screen found on every other Ultrabook (almost) out there, have the X220's IPS display in as an option. Still low-res, but a vastly improved viewing angle range and also matte, so you can use it outside.

Or a better keyboard than every other Ultrabook out there (still borrowing from the ThinkPads).

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]Where have most of you been for the last few years, anyways? Lenovo doesn't just make ThinkPads...But that Ultrabook looks like the best one I've seen so far, as long as I can get it in U300s orange or black.Though it would be nice if Lenovo gave a couple other options that you can get on their other machines.For example, instead of the standard 1366 x 768 glossy screen found on every other Ultrabook (almost) out there, have the X220's IPS display in as an option. Still low-res, but a vastly improved viewing angle range and also matte, so you can use it outside.Or a better keyboard than every other Ultrabook out there (still borrowing from the ThinkPads).[/citation]
those companies only manufacture ultrabooks, intelputs the strict specs and the manufacturer must follow them

meradz

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
With a good GPU like that, it would be even better if the laptops came with larger display options. Interested to see what the G series brings to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.