Lenovo Legion 5 vs TUF a15

Andrei0408

Honorable
Jun 17, 2017
I'm looking for a laptop for uni and I'm thinking about picking one of these:

I need it for programming and also some medium gaming (LoL, Valorant, Skyrim etc.). The Legion 5 seems to be more tempting since it has a 80 whr battery compared to the TUF's 48 whr. My budget would be around 1000usd if you wanna recommend something else. Thank you!

novathunder

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Since you use it for programming you HAVE to like typing on the keyboard. The worst case scenario is a keyboard that flex as you type which would omit a lot of letters, a failure for programming. If you can try typing on both before you buy so you'll know your preference. Else I'd say go for the Legion 5, I find the A15 keyboard CRAPPY, yep that's the word 😁

Reactions: Andrei0408
Aug 24, 2020
Both the Lenovo Legion 5 and ASUS TUF Gaming A15 you have picked are bang on in terms of your budget. Both have all the programming and university specific features you’d ever need, but if you are looking for top notch display quality, thermals, and a reliable Intel CPU, then go for the Legion, and I agree the battery pack is tempting. The only strong aspect of the ASUS is its military grade build quality and construction. You can even check out Surface laptop 2 and Dell Inspiron 15 5000, and that’d be my suggestion. Happy to help!

Reactions: novathunder