Lenovo Pocket Yoga Netbook Concept Looks Amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Like the design, though it's distinctly feminine. Of course the usability of such a keyboard remains to be seen, but it's certainly better than a smartphone. I still think an ultraportable may be a better choice.

G

I absolutely love it. If they can price it under 500 USD I would buy 2. Over that it becomes more of a novelty item than a useful ultraportable.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I find the design intriguing, but I wonder how much screen display there are on these form factors. If they are only 400 pixels tall, then that would be a hindrance to web browsing for me - where most content is based on at least an 800 pixel width with most content in a vertical format.

To me, I'd rather use it in portrait than landscape mode like my cell phone. Then again, I am really looking for a compact netbook/cell phone hybrid to be released some day - something that is 2.5" wide and 4.5" tall in an all front touch screen, uses multiple batteries in serial to supply the screen with a long life, buttons all along the side, and a backup hardware keypad underneath a slide-off cover to allow me to use the cell phone if the touchscreen ever goes bad.

Alternatively, give me a built-in bluetooth headset and a second "cellphone" battery to power 3G services when the main netbook is off, and that would make me happy too - I would love such an innovative hybrid product.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]No, everything has to be boringly white. Apple proved 2009 will be just like 1984.[/citation]
Now now, 1984 was more of a beige. Apple uses white to make itself noticeable, that's all. If people don't know you're using an Apple computer, whats the point of paying so much for it?

It was only 9 years ago (jeese, already been 9 years?) when I was getting comments on my all-black (w/ black monitor and keyboard) Alienware computer (9 years ago, they were an honest boutique, not a coprorate puppet of Dell). The idea of a non-beige computer was simply unheard of. Now of course, beige is history and blacks/greys and silvers are the standard (though a computer can come in any color these days).

[citation][nom]theuerkorn[/nom]Like the design, though it's distinctly feminine.[/citation]
Agreed.

Shnur

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]No, everything has to be boringly white. Apple proved 2009 will be just like 1984.[/citation]
Epic.
But they have now uni-body aluminum Macs. ^^

G

the design is ok, but you either have a too large keyboard, or a too small screen.
If the keyboard would be a standard keyboard, the screen could technically support a 1280x600 resolution.
If the keyboard becomes a little larger than the EeePc 701, the screen resolution could possibly go back to 854x480, 1024x480 or 1024x576.

I found for comfortably browsing a webpage current 1024x600 resolutions are just too small,and a 1024x720 or similar screen would be optimal.

The screen is not 16/9 (widescreen); but rather extra wide screen.

G

Ow,and I really dislike the brown-pinkish leather, and the fact that the screen's vertical resolution is so small (probably not more than 480 pix.).
Also it either makes use of a laptop mouse joystick or needs a separate USB mouse or touchscreen.

Shnur

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]Ow,and I really dislike the brown-pinkish leather, and the fact that the screen's vertical resolution is so small (probably not more than 480 pix.).Also it either makes use of a laptop mouse joystick or needs a separate USB mouse or touchscreen.[/citation]

I don't mind the 480 pixels height... let's go back in the 640x480 times! just now it's extra wide.

JimmiG

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
They would obviously release it in different colors, including black which seems to be the color us guys prefer.

I like the concept - current netbooks are tiny compared to normal notebooks, but they aren't small enough to be used like a smart phone or PDA. You still need a bag to carry them around even though they're easier on your back than that 15.4" HP you used to carry around. I want something that's barely larger than the iPhone, but with a 1.6 GHz Atom, a gig of RAM, 2 USB, SD reader, WLAN, ethernet, 3G, and at least 16GB of storage, with a usable keyboard and at least a 7", 1024-wide screen, all for a price of no more than $399 :) How is that going to happen? Well for one the screen and keyboard both need to fold out in some different way - the clamshell design doesn't work for devices this small because the physical size of the device is determined by the size of the screen and keyboard.

Don't mind the low vertical resolution at all. It's easy enough to scroll vertically. Where it gets annoying is when you don't have a full 1024-wide screen because scrolling horizontally is much more annoying. 8.9", 1024x600 screens are perfect for me - love my Aspire One even though it doesn't fit in my pocket. But for now, that's what I'll use.

city_zen

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]If people don't know you're using an Apple computer, whats the point of paying so much for it?[/citation]

LOL

Great comment

G

So what we basically mean is we buy Apple for the people and for them to know.So seriously which is the computer we would buy for self...

Status
Not open for further replies.