Question Lenovo S210 not booting after installing a new hard drive

Apr 4, 2019
Hello,

I have a non-touch Lenovo S210, with a hard drive containing Ubuntu that is about to fail. I bought a new hard drive, and then manually copied the data partitions (where the bad sectors lie, causing GParted to fail), and lastly swapped the old drive with the new one. When I turn it on, it doesn't boot at all, just a blank screen. However, I tried to put the old drive back, to see if the new hard drive was the cause, and it booted again. I think there was a non-genuine hard drive protection, but it seems that's because GParted doesn't reinstall GRUB. So I booted my thumb drive again, but then it was stuck on GRUB. After forcefully shutting down the laptop, it doesn't boot again, exactly the same as before, but without the new drive. After installing GRUB through my PC (I know the GRUB will get messy, but at least it was installed and the copy of Ubuntu was detected), I swapped the hard drive once again, but still, it doesn't boot. Maybe the RAM failed too, but I wish it's not.

Can someone help me?
Thanks.

2013 Lenovo S210 20256 (I don't know the P/N)
Processor: Intel Celeron 1037U @ 1.8GHz
HDD: both 500GB
RAM: 2GB

Apr 4, 2019
Update: After a week waiting for reply, I turned it on again, and, weirdly, it started to work again. The laptop might have discharged (although the battery wasn't removed), or the worse part: the RAM might be failing.
After POST-ing, the laptop didn't find the new hard drive at first, but then it takes me to the boot menu, then I selected the Ubuntu option, and finally it takes me to the GRUB menu, and after selecting Ubuntu it boots a bit faster.