Question Lenovo ThinkCentre M90t Desktop Tower - Suggested WiFi Wireless LAN Adapters?

Gatchaman

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2013
I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre M90t Desktop Tower. I don't have a WiFi Wireless LAN Adapter installed.

Could someone please recommend a reasonably priced WiFi Wireless LAN Adapter for my computer? Hoping it can also handle higher speeds so higher price is fine too. Currently have 500 Mbps via Cox Panoramic WiFi.

I've seen internal versions and USB plug in types. Curious to know anyone's input on the USB type.

Specific products or links to places I can purchase from are really appreciated.

Any links to guides for an internal installation would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Solution
So this is super fast, is installed internally, and has an external antennae to boost my signal beyond the strength of the internal component?
Egg-zactly. but antennas are a must as adapter is inside metal box/case.
PS. Make sure your router also has 5GHz option and could be set to it.
I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre M90t Desktop Tower. I don't have a WiFi Wireless LAN Adapter installed.

Could someone please recommend a reasonably priced WiFi Wireless LAN Adapter for my computer? Hoping it can also handle higher speeds so higher price is fine too. Currently have 500 Mbps via Cox Panoramic WiFi.

I've seen internal versions and USB plug in types. Curious to know anyone's input on the USB type.

Specific products or links to places I can purchase from are really appreciated.

Any links to guides for an internal installation would be very helpful.

Thanks!
For inside one, one PCIe x1 slot is all that's needed, There's no much difference between PCie and USB, they use same chips. Power of radio component is legally limited in either type so the function same. Depending on distance from router appropriate antenna is desired , for longer distances antenna on extension cable so you can position it for best reception. PCIe models require one.
For those internet speeds you need adapter on 5Ghz (IEEE 802.11ac) 5th generation. Make and model are not of real consideration and newer ones are all plug and play as long as those conditions are met. Often both kinds also incorporate Bluetooth adapter which can come handy too.

Lutfij

Titan
s-l1200-1000x1000.jpg

There are a number of M90T's out there, does your motherboard look like the one pictured above this line? If so, you can populate either one of your open USB ports with a USB driven wireless dongle or an internal PCIe x1 based WiFi adapter.

Could someone please recommend a reasonably priced WiFi Wireless LAN Adapter for my computer?
Where are you located, what is your budget for said adapter and what is your preferred site for purchase?

Gatchaman

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2013
For inside one, one PCIe x1 slot is all that's needed, There's no much difference between PCie and USB, they use same chips. Power of radio component is legally limited in either type so the function same. Depending on distance from router appropriate antenna is desired , for longer distances antenna on extension cable so you can position it for best reception. PCIe models require one.
For those internet speeds you need adapter on 5Ghz (IEEE 802.11ac) 5th generation. Make and model are not of real consideration and newer ones are all plug and play as long as those conditions are met. Often both kinds also incorporate Bluetooth adapter which can come handy too.
So whether it is PCI or USB, I need to be sure it supports 5Ghz (IEEE 802.11ac) 5th generation. Can you link me to any products? Thank you.

Gatchaman

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2013
s-l1200-1000x1000.jpg

There are a number of M90T's out there, does your motherboard look like the one pictured above this line? If so, you can populate either one of your open USB ports with a USB driven wireless dongle or an internal PCIe x1 based WiFi adapter.

Could someone please recommend a reasonably priced WiFi Wireless LAN Adapter for my computer?
Where are you located, what is your budget for said adapter and what is your preferred site for purchase?
It might. I'd have to take a look. I'm in the USA. I guess my budget will go up to $125.00 but I would spend more so it can benefit from the 500 mbps speed of a Cox Panoramic WiFi. I prefer Amazon, newegg, or Best Buy who are local and I could pick up myself.

Gatchaman

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2013
s-l1200-1000x1000.jpg

I can try to find my computer's specific make, model, and serial number for you.