Question Lenovo Thinkpad T460 replaced screen and now blank screen

dsawanas

Commendable
Oct 17, 2018
I just replaced the cracked screen on my Lenovo Thinkpad T460 and now all I get is a black screen. If I plug an external monitor to it I can log into Windows 10. I've tried Hard Resetting it. I've tried going to Lenovo support and downloaded the graphics drivers. I've reseated the RAM. I've reseated the graphics cable pins on both ends and still cannot get a picture. I've returned the old cracked screen as it was previously working and now it does not work either. I've also reset the graphics by Win+CTRL+Shift and B and that didn't work either. The graphics is an Intel HD 520.

What am I missing?

dsawanas

Commendable
Oct 17, 2018
Okay I still haven't been able to get the screen working. I thought that I might've pulled at the screen cable so I ordered another one. It came in today and I replaced the cable and still a black screen. Reseated everything, the screen pins on both ends. Still a black screen. I plugged it into my monitor using a HDMI cable and voila' it works! But nothing on the attached screen.

What next? My customer is waiting for her laptop.

dsawanas

Commendable
Oct 17, 2018
Some forum. No one had any clue. I found out through a lot of research that the backlight fuse on the motherboard may be the culprit. I am returning the laptop to the customer.