Lenovo Tweaking Windows 7 Boot Time Speed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
[citation][nom]tryhjytd[/nom]I go to "standby" mode on my desktop PC:-almost instantaneous restart-same power consumption than when it's off ! (actually in when "off" my Watt-meter says that it consumes 30W...)[/citation]
You must have a bad (well, non-efficient) power supply.... On stand by I use 15-ish W. Fully off there's maybe... 4W bleed.

G

It still boggles the mind that most people never use standby or hibernate. Especially standby for desktops. But nooo. "Shut down"...

kenjiuchimura

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
Can't help but always feel that my computer gets more sluggish the longer I keep it on, so it's nice they're keeping boot times in mind.

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
:(

If my computer boots in under 6o seconds when will there be time to get coffee ?
The one reason to keep running windows is to be able to run for coffee at least once a day!

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
I can testify that Since I just recently downgraded from windows 7 ultimate 64bit build (7600) I think down to Vista Ultiamte 64bit and the loading times felt so much slower on vista..I was trying to figure out why my PC was booting up slower but now I remember because WIndows 7 is way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.