Question Lenovo V130-15IKB Black Screen | Only Caps-Lock Light On

deonradyn

Commendable
Dec 19, 2018
Only a slight light appears on the display for a sec and the Caps-Lock led on the keyboard is lit, nothing else works, Then it's just the black Screen, Fans turning but no Display. I've tried to power drain, took all batteries out. I have 4GB of onboard RAM and Nothing in the Slot. Please help I don't know what to do.

Thank You!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are you out of warrant on the laptop? You should disconnect from the wall, disassemble the laptop, disconnect the laptop's internal battery and then remove the sticks of ram. While the power sources are removed, press and hold down the power button on the laptop to discharge it.

You can then turn your attention to the ram. Use a fine bristle brush to clean the slots of the ram on the laptop. Use an eraser to wipe the gold contacts on the stick(s). Wipe the contacts clean off of any eraser debris and then replace the stick(s) of ram to the motherboard. If the ram is soldered onto the motherboard, leave this step out.

See if you're able to get the laptop up and running.

Reactions: deonradyn

deonradyn

Commendable
Dec 19, 2018
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are you out of warrant on the laptop? You should disconnect from the wall, disassemble the laptop, disconnect the laptop's internal battery and then remove the sticks of ram. While the power sources are removed, press and hold down the power button on the laptop to discharge it.

You can then turn your attention to the ram. Use a fine bristle brush to clean the slots of the ram on the laptop. Use an eraser to wipe the gold contacts on the stick(s). Wipe the contacts clean off of any eraser debris and then replace the stick(s) of ram to the motherboard. If the ram is soldered onto the motherboard, leave this step out.

See if you're able to get the laptop up and running.

Hey There! I've already taken out the CMOS and Normal Battery and discharged as mentioned, but still no luck. Then the 4GB Ram is onboard. Isn't there a way to bake this motherboard or perhaps do a Bios Wipe?