[SOLVED] Lenovo V520 Tower: Can I upgrade my pc to RX 560 GPU?

Jul 16, 2020
Hey everyone,

can my pc run this gpu RX 560 ?
will i get some problems when i install RX 560 ?
how do I change power supply?
if i bought a adapter cable 24 to 10 will it work , or it will cause some problems!?
can anyone give me a list of gpu's i can install on this pc

my pc specs:

I3-7100
Ram 4GB DDR4 2400mhz
HDD 500GB

Solution
You can't get an ATX form power supply because it simply won't fit in the case. You will need an adapter no matter what power supply you get for the motherboard power. Measure the current power supply and the space it has then compare that to the power supply form factors. Keep in mind that any good power supply in a smaller form factor will be more expensice.

You also need to make sure the system can run whatever upgrades you pick for it for the CPU, those types of OEM systems with weaker power supplies and custom connectors are not really designed to be up-gradable. You may want to consider just selling it and building a system for the use you want it for. Once you replace the power supply, buy a video card and CPU you are...
That system has a pretty weak power supply you would need a tfx or sfx size power supply, an RX 560 may work with that system on the stock power supply, but has a pretty good chance of crashing, would need to try it. If you are looking to play games on this thing you would want to at least double the RAM with another 4gb stick.

Jul 16, 2020
That system has a pretty weak power supply you would need a tfx or sfx size power supply, an RX 560 may work with that system on the stock power supply, but has a pretty good chance of crashing, would need to try it. If you are looking to play games on this thing you would want to at least double the RAM with another 4gb stick.
Thank you
If I get an ATX power supply and use 24pin to 10pin adapter cable, Or i get TFX power supply can I install better GPU in the future like GTX 1650 low profile or better without problems. I'm planning to get an i5 or i7 to upgrade it in the future.

One more thing, any TFX power supply work with it or I must search for specific type.

You can't get an ATX form power supply because it simply won't fit in the case. You will need an adapter no matter what power supply you get for the motherboard power. Measure the current power supply and the space it has then compare that to the power supply form factors. Keep in mind that any good power supply in a smaller form factor will be more expensice.

You also need to make sure the system can run whatever upgrades you pick for it for the CPU, those types of OEM systems with weaker power supplies and custom connectors are not really designed to be up-gradable. You may want to consider just selling it and building a system for the use you want it for. Once you replace the power supply, buy a video card and CPU you are pretty much at a new system, and with using standard parts you don't need to mess with adapters that may fail and burn out the motherboard or not provide enough power to components and crash the system. Taking a basic use home or business system and trying to make it in to something is not an easy thing and at the end the effort and money just are not worth it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS