Question Which of these laptops should I choose based on reliability and your experience ?

calvin2376

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2015
I'm deciding between these models:
A 14" Lenovo Yoga 7i or 9i (likely a 9i given the better display)
and a 14" HP Spectre X360.

I've done a lot of research on them and they all seem well-reviewed, and the Yoga 9i and HP Spectre X360 in particular are always compared to each other and are very comparable in specs.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone with recommendations between them, particularly people who have made the same decision or have experience with one or both of these laptops. I've seen them both in person and like them both and don't have a strong opinion as between them, so I'm really interested to know if there are less obvious reasons to go with one or the other.

In particular, I keep my laptops a long time so I'm very interested to know about the actual/observed reliability (or if not, then the expected reliability) of these two laptops compared to each other.

newtechldtech

Respectable
Sep 21, 2022
HP spectre will last longer . the keyboard in particular.

as for specs , the Spectre has wifi 7 (vs 6e on the yoga 9) and 9mpix camera vs 5mpix on Yoga 9 .

Yoga 9i has two screen options 2.8K and 4K both are OLED .
The Specter has only 2.8K Oled screen
both are great screens. I prefer the Spectre more , looks little more accurate.

Yoga9i has glass touchpad Vs normal with haptic feedback on specter ..

The spectre has a docking station with HDMI bundled .

Both are very good machines , but I prefer HP over Yoga when it comes to durability and I like HP keyboard more.

Oct 7, 2024
I recently had the chance to compare the Lenovo Yoga 7i and the HP Spectre X360, and I must say, both are impressive devices! However, I ultimately chose the Yoga 7i, primarily due to its integration with Intel vPro processors. The enhanced performance and security features that come with vPro technology are invaluable, especially for my work tasks.

Lenovo has done a fantastic job in terms of build quality and reliability. I’ve had zero issues since switching, and the Yoga 7i handles everything from multitasking to graphics-heavy applications smoothly. The touch screen is responsive, and the 2-in-1 design adds versatility. If you prioritize performance and security, I highly recommend checking out Lenovo’s offerings on their website, especially with Intel vPro processors. The investment is absolutely worth it for a reliable and powerful machine!