Lenovo's ThinkPad X230T Tablet PC, Tested And Reviewed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]daveg_22[/nom]Creating content, website design and even light programming is both possible and preferable on an iPad without a stylus or keyboard.[/citation]

'preferable' - Are you mad man? You would NEED a keyboard/mouse and then you might as well just buy one of the soon to be released Windows 8 tabs.

G

The screen of X230T is only 5 point multitouch. 10-point multitouch screen is only available in their Yoga tablet.
It would be nice if they can upgrade or have the option for the x230T as well as their Thinkpad Twist to have a 10 point multitouch screen.

Also the added 1 year extended warranty when you use credit cards (Amex, Visa, Mastercard) in purchase seems not applicable to Lenovo when buying their warranty.
For example, If you buy 2 year depot warranty, it seems you can't avail of credit card's extended 1 year warranty to make it a total of 3 year warranty.

Hope Lenovo clears this up.

G

I have been a tablet PC user from the beginning. Started with the Acer t1000 with pen, then x61 Lenovo, now x201 tablet. The Lenovos have been rock solid. I am an attorney and use this in tablet mode with OneNote for notetaking during client interviews. Then I use it in laptop mode to write briefs or lengthy emails. In tablet mode, however, handwriting recognition is excellent. After presentations, folks ask "Is that an Ipad?" I also have an Ipad but there is no comparison for doing actual work, notetaking, calendaring, writing briefs. The ability to use the pen to annotate Powerpoint presentations while they are projecting turns the presentation from a slide show into an interactive whiteboard. Big hard drive means not necessary to rely on the cloud, however 4g connectivity means productivity anywhere. Would like all this capability in a lighter device but so far, no dice. Hopefully Windows 8 motivates other manufacturers to design a lightweight, long battery life device that can do all this. The Lenovo x201 is not a computer for all people but for a user with my needs, it is perfect.

G

I have an Asus EP121 now, but have just ordered a i7 based X230t. The weights, screen size/res, batterylife will be equal. The problem I have had with the 121 is the poor build quality (look up Thermo Sensor Ribbon, or Self-Clicking) Also, the lack of upgradable RAM (4GB max) is a killer. Windows 8 really makes these units drastically more usable, but 4GB is just not enough when using shared graphics. Having 16GB RAM and a mSATA boot drive will make the X230T a killer (I hope...)

Status
Not open for further replies.