Lenovo's X220 Notebook and Tablet Are Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
That doesn't look like a tablet, it looks like a laptop with a screen that swivels.

So far the only tablet I'm impressed with is the iPad (because it's light and thin and that's all that's important in a tablet)

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Actually, it is a convertible tablet PC - been around for years before tabs like the iPad came out (those took after slate tablet PCs).

Still, I have to *sigh* - manufacturers still don't get that you use a tablet in a portrait form factor a lot, and if 800 pixels wide isn't good enough then 768 pixels wide is even worse. Why can't they make just one tablet with a higher resolution screen - 1080p screens aren't that expensive and then my apps that require 1024 pixel resolution will work with them.

ltbob

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]That doesn't look like a tablet, it looks like a laptop with a screen that swivels.So far the only tablet I'm impressed with is the iPad (because it's light and thin and that's all that's important in a tablet)[/citation]
Anyone remeber the thinkpad with swivel screen? tablet thingy :)

G

I still use a T61 tablet and have sold the X200s. These are great computers. They are fast capable Windows machines and convert in a tablet. It can do anything and iPad can plus run all the Windows applications. Yes it is a bit biger than an iPad, but you do not need a Windows laptop. The screen resolution is excellent even for long term use. I am looking forward to getting one of these new ones.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]That doesn't look like a tablet, it looks like a laptop with a screen that swivels.So far the only tablet I'm impressed with is the iPad (because it's light and thin and that's all that's important in a tablet)[/citation]
Uhh... these style Tablet PCs have been around for years and have been called as such. They're not meant to be consumption devices/toys, they are work devices.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Why do manufacturers insist on pairing powerful processors such as the i5 or i7 with laughable integrated Intel graphics? A bit like a VW bug with Ferrari engine...

thatsjusthowiseeit

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
What is up with the completely retarded screen resolution of 1366x768? This is supposed to be a high end business laptop and not some silly toy for watching TV on your computer. I do software development and run business applications and spreadsheets a lot and this 1366x768 resolution is killing this laptop for me.

G

Agreed - the perfect laptop except for the fact that my phone has a higher vertical resolution. So close.

Status
Not open for further replies.