Question Leshcat drivers for graphics card

megaman123

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
Hi.

I don't know a whole lot about computers so I'm not familiar with the drivers process regarding graphics cards. My question is, if I install a leshcat driver, but it doesn't solve my problem below, can I revert back to my existing one easily? And how do I know which version to download?

I have a problem with my computer that is driving me up the wall and there's seemingly no solution.

Here is why I am inquiring:

Media Player black screen but audio plays. Also Windows Live Movie Maker won't load videos.

I've had my Acer Aspire 5560 (8gb ram, AMD A8 processor, 64 bit OS, AMD Radeon HD 6620G) since 2012 and use it everyday. Have have no problem with video until a week ago. I haven't done any updates on computer for a quite a while so I have no idea how this just happens.

I went to Device Manager and had it search for driver updates on the graphic card and it says it's up to date. I also uninstalled and reinstalled WMP and WLMM.

I've been reading a lot of other posts from people with the same problem, but I didn't notice anyone also complaining about Movie Maker.

At first I rebooted and both things would work for one or two videos and then back to the same problem. Now it doesn't matter if I reboot, it just simply will not work. VLC and Pot Player play perfectly fine.

I do a bunch of video editing for sports and fishing and some other things. Movie Maker is simple and easy to use. When I open a video in there it simply gives me that exclamation point error. I also have Adobe After Effects for more complicated stuff but that's not good for simple edits. Too time consuming.

Has there been any definitive answer on how to solve this problem? I don't recall many people saying their problem has been resolved. Am I going to have to format my PC and reinstall everything and hope that works?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited:
Delete all traces of your driver, and don't deal with custom drivers. Check with Acer for updated drivers for your OS. If your OS is not supported, you are just in bad luck.

I had similar problems a while ago when upgrading a PC with old Radeon to Windows 10 - some videos just did not play. The solution was upgrading the video card.