Discussion Less known GPU Manufacturers

DeanTH23

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
What's your opinion on some of these less known and trustworthy gpu manufacturers like Manli, Inno3D, Gainward, Palit, Powercolor etc...(Based on your personal experience with their product build quality, RMA ease etc.)

A cursory glance on the internet for some of these companies tell me they've been around for decades. And to quote a post from a Reddit user I came across: do you think these companies would still be in business if they shipped shoddy products? And I'm sure NVIDIA and AMD wouldn't want these companies representing them either if they shipped bad products.

Plus I think those companies are popular in Asia moreso than in the West.

I'm not sure I'd count all those as 'less known'.... Gainward for example have been in the game for a very long time (I remember them releasing some very high end early Geforce cards like the Geforce 2 Ti Golden Sample and so on). Similarly PowerColor is very well known. I remember owning a Pailt Geforce 7600 card, again a long way back. I don't remember having any issues with it.

I've not come across Manli, I've heard of Inno3D but never owned a card of theirs.

In terms of RMA - in my experience that's more down to the distributor you purchase the card from, a decent supplier will accept the return and send a replacement without you having to deal directly with the manufacturer. That is unless you are thinking of selling these yourself?

Reactions: DeanTH23

Lutfij

Titan
Inno3d, Gainward, Palit and Powercolor aren't exactly a lesser known brand. They are apparently a household name across the UK, Europe and Asia. For a long time KFA2 was actually a Galax( y ) brand in another region.

I'm located in the APAC region, so we're at the mercy of the distributors that are entrenched in our country. The other thing was how the pandemic threw spanners in every possible avenue making RMA's a real PITA apart from the mining situation down here(limited scope of warranty, reduced to months, illegally brought in cards that were sold like cupcakes and a couple of other shady things).

Last edited:

DeanTH23

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Depends on where you live if they are less known.
I knew the moment i typed ''less known'' that people will react to it and it's fine...In my country everyone talks about Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA, Sapphire, Asrock and maybe Colourful...That's all...Anyone else's never being in consideration...Example: I'm into PCs for years now and i did not know Manli existed until 4 months ago.