[SOLVED] Let Me in BIOS!

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
I think that my MB model is shown below. While attempting to reload Windows 10, I quickly realized that I can't go into the BIOS during reboot when I press either Del, F5, F8 F10 or F11. The machine hangs and I have to press CTRL+Alt+Delete to free the bootup.

Any ideas?

Solution
If you remove The BIOS Battery to reset The CMOS, will this set the BIOS to the Factory Defaults?

Is this inability to access the BIOS a MB Bug? Is it possibly the result of Malware to where the BIOS became corrupted?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, it resets CMOS/BIOS to factory defaults, including date and time.
Another possible problem may be that keyboard is not recognized i BIOS if it's wireless or some fancy one that requires drives, if so try with another "ordinary" one.
You can also try to get to BIOS from windows.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enter-uefi-bios-windows-10-pcs
That is one I didn't try yet.
First, I see you have 2 drives listed and hope you know that the windows installer prefers that you have only 1 connected at install time; others can be added after installation is complete. Second, if you still have a problem, although it is difficult you could remove the m.2 drive which should force the motherboard to boot into bios since there's no drive to go to. If successful you can reset the bios to all of its default settings and check if things like Fast Boot or worse Ultra Fast Boot are turned off since that can make booting into bios difficult. Also since you said the machine hangs are you sure that the usb with the windows installer is fully functional?

Reactions: white.a.drew

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
If you remove The BIOS Battery to reset The CMOS, will this set the BIOS to the Factory Defaults?

Is this inability to access the BIOS a MB Bug? Is it possibly the result of Malware to where the BIOS became corrupted?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, it resets CMOS/BIOS to factory defaults, including date and time.
Another possible problem may be that keyboard is not recognized i BIOS if it's wireless or some fancy one that requires drives, if so try with another "ordinary" one.
You can also try to get to BIOS from windows.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enter-uefi-bios-windows-10-pcs

Reactions: Hellfire13
Solution

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016