Lexa S or Thermaltake A90 or CM 690 II Advanced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

killa4lyfe

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Basically I have the option of choosing between the two cases.

The difference of price between both end up being a total of $15 less for the Lexa S. Is the extra $15 worth getting the Cooler Master?

The thermaltake and the lexa are the same price, (A90 is slightly cheaper after mail-in rebate) and many have given BOTH very good reviews.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks you guys in advance. :) :wahoo:

Solution
i've had lexa-s before and i can tell you that case is very well built, it has very decent cooling, especially if you add second 140mm top fan, i don't think 690II is any better cooling wise due to same exact fan configuration, in fact lexa s comes with 120mm led fan preinstalled in the side panel, which 690 II does not have, as a resuld u get better cooling for a GPU. Now cable management capabilities are about the same on both cases. In the end its a matter of looks preference. Lexa has acrylic side window and 690 II does not. Both are high quality cases but imo there is no reason to pay extra for 690 II
It probably slightly depends on what you will be using the case for. For instance if it is a gaming build then the Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced is the better choice, as it can fit more/larger components and is probably better at cooling. But if it is a low power 'email machine' then I don't see why the Lexa S wouldn't be suitable.

ekg84

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
i've had lexa-s before and i can tell you that case is very well built, it has very decent cooling, especially if you add second 140mm top fan, i don't think 690II is any better cooling wise due to same exact fan configuration, in fact lexa s comes with 120mm led fan preinstalled in the side panel, which 690 II does not have, as a resuld u get better cooling for a GPU. Now cable management capabilities are about the same on both cases. In the end its a matter of looks preference. Lexa has acrylic side window and 690 II does not. Both are high quality cases but imo there is no reason to pay extra for 690 II

Solution

killa4lyfe

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Okay taking the CM 690 II out of the equation what do you think about the Thermaltake A90 case? (also thank you for your detailed respoinse!)

The thermaltake and the Lexa are about the same price and techPowerUp gave the thermaltake .2 more points and OCC gave them a gold rating. I don't know which is better though. any help would be very much appreciated.

Here is a link to the thermaltake:

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1325&ID=1957

ekg84

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Personally i prefer cases with hdd cage 90 degrees rotated - its easier to do clean cable management and there is less interference between hdd cables/graphics cards, but thats my personal preference. Take a look at fractial design cases, if u like classic looks you will like them, they make high quality cases

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006519%2050014581%2040000007&IsNodeId=1&SubCategory=7&Manufactory=14581&SpeTabStoreType=1

also i like new Cooler Master enforcer case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119240&Tpk=cooler%20enforcer

Also lancool (lian li) are very good quality:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112239&Tpk=k62

Meatymutawings

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
the 690 advanced is a tier above the other two in in terms of construction and organization. It's make of thickest steel out of all three. Cooling performance is not limited to the size and number of fans, the 690 advanced is equipped with far superior fans than the Lexa S, I don't know about the armor A90 though. But if you wish to choose between the Lexa and the Armor, I would say the Armor is better. If you don't plan to fill up all the fan slots on the Lexa S, the naked grills would look really ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.