Review Lexar NM610 M.2 NVMe SSD Review: Responsive and Efficient DRAMless Storage

hennes

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
"it comes in an M.2 2280 singled sided form factor"

This is woth listing ad a advantage inon the FOR side.

"Black PCB" "sticker" "software package"

Meh! Not worth listing. I never met someone who said "come, I am booting my laptop. Look I unscrewed it and the SSD PCB has this colour". (Nor anyone who would be interested in seeing that).

Reactions: panathas

InvalidError

Titan
Meh! Not worth listing. I never met someone who said "come, I am booting my laptop. Look I unscrewed it and the SSD PCB has this colour". (Nor anyone who would be interested in seeing that).
Complaining about the PCB color or sticker is a bit silly when most showy motherboards have SSD covers/heatsinks hiding the thing anyway. For the lower-end buyer cutting costs with a RAM-less NVMe, appearance isn't as important and most of the SSD will be obstructed from view by the CPU or GPU heatsink anyway.

I cannot be bothered either way since my PC is just a box stuffed at the back of my desk that I only see once every 2-3 months when it is filter-cleaning time.

Reactions: panathas

seanwebster

Contributing Writer
Editor
Aug 30, 2018
"it comes in an M.2 2280 singled sided form factor"

This is woth listing ad a advantage inon the FOR side.

"Black PCB" "sticker" "software package"

I disagree. These aren't only for laptops. Many desktop motherboards don't have heatsink covers and low budget gamers still want a nice aesthetic and show off their build to their friends and online.

chalabam

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2015
Here are the scatter plot chart comparing performance versus prices taken from PCpartpicker

ascAvKm.png

WisudeS.png

It clearly is not worth buying, since it has worse price and performance than the WD Black SNX50 (the best buys) and The Patriot, Muskin and Intel.

It has similar performance than the Adata, but is more costly.

seanwebster

Contributing Writer
Editor
Aug 30, 2018
Here are the scatter plot chart comparing performance versus prices taken from PCpartpicker

It clearly is not worth buying, since it has worse price and performance than the WD Black SNX50 (the best buys) and The Patriot, Muskin and Intel.

It has similar performance than the Adata, but is more costly.
Yeah, Lexar keeps changing the price. When I wrote the article it was $116 for the 1TB model at Newegg.

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
What is with all these third party ssd manufacturers flooding the market with overpriced drives? Black Friday or whatever will see some kick ass deals i bet.

InvalidError

Titan
Seems a little silly to still include a HDD in performance-per-dollar in charts, everyone should know by now that anything but the crappiest SSDs in existence will run circles around even the best HDDs available. The main attraction for HDDs is $/GB, where you have to decide between GMR if performance is still of some importance or SMR for absolute lowest cost per GB.

chalabam

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2015
Seems a little silly to still include a HDD in performance-per-dollar in charts, everyone should know by now that anything but the crappiest SSDs in existence will run circles around even the best HDDs available. The main attraction for HDDs is $/GB, where you have to decide between GMR if performance is still of some importance or SMR for absolute lowest cost per GB.
Is not silly.

It is useful to know were do the products stand relative to each other, and what is the trade off between capacity and performance.

It is also fun, for gore.