Lexip Crams Two Joysticks Into One Gaming Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorfa

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2012
Of course this is bananas, but what's interesting about this mouse is how far 'up' the mouse the sensor is. It's even further than the old microsoft ball mice where the ball (read sensor) 'felt' close to the fingertips. This would probably feel great to some gamers, and terrible to others.

The only thing "sad" about the fact that they also make a left-handed version is that Windows can't handle 2 different mouse cursors independently - otherwise you WOULD have 12-axis and a bunch of buttons under both hands... That just might kick ass under Linux, though.
While the older 3DM-Pro was mistargeted, it probably wasn't a matter of "not useful" but "market too tiny" - it does kick ass in AutoCAD and Cinema 4D, where I've been lucky enough to see some people owning the older model use it with relish.
Also, I have a friend who's missing an arm, and that would be a boon for her. I think I'll get one for her too.

Zhyr

Distinguished
May 19, 2013
The thumbstick would be awesome in RTS games to move the camera since most keyboard controls are set up to use the arrow keys which takes either hand away from other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.