Question LG B9 Oled for PC usage

tekken3600

Honorable
Dec 18, 2016
Hi all.

I have connected my LG B9 OLED TV with my PC.

Everything goes fine. Except watching movies on my PC. The screen stutters and it is not smooth at all as if I was watching movies on the TV's built in apps or if I connected my external HDD to the TV and watching a movie on the TV's built in media player.

The TV is connected to the PC with an HDMI cable 2.1. G-sync is turned on in the nvidia control panel and so is variable refresh rate in the windows settings. The TV picture mode is on Game mode. Instant Game Response is also turned on.

I tried a few things like turning off the Instant Game Response and setting the picture mode to Standard and turning off the G-Sync and switching from 120hz to 24hz. Somehow I managed to get smooth scenes but it screen was a bit ghosty.

Btw I use VLC on my PC.

My question is, is there an easy way to watch movies on my PC connected to the TV with HDMI smoothly or should I buy a media player and connect it the TV and just use the PC for gaming?

My PC specs:

I9 10900k
RTX 3080 TI
32 GB DDR4 RAM

Thank you the answers and sorry for my English in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
The GPU you own should be more than capable of driving the display. Brings into question what the specs to your content are...? Might want to see if using DDU, then manually reinstalling with the latest driver from Nvidia, in an elevated command , i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, changes your issue. Might want to also see if K-lite codec pack aids in alleviating the issue.

tekken3600

Honorable
Dec 18, 2016
The GPU you own should be more than capable of driving the display. Brings into question what the specs to your content are...? Might want to see if using DDU, then manually reinstalling with the latest driver from Nvidia, in an elevated command , i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, changes your issue. Might want to also see if K-lite codec pack aids in alleviating the issue.
Any content is stuttering in the VLC. I tried MPC-BE also but still stuttering.