Question LG C2 Display

breaker9320

Honorable
Apr 9, 2016
Good day,

So I have chosen the LG C2 42" as a display for my PC.
It looks amazing and am happy with it.

I only have one gripe..I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to set the it to start and shutdown when the PC does.
I have messed about in the setting for the past few days with no luck. Is there some sort of software that I need or ?
If anyone can shed some light on this one for me that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Describe your understanding of 'shut-off'?
Most monitors do not turn off, they go into a Standby mode when there's no signal. Just like a psu, there's always power present, but the monitor is technically still On, so that it has power to recognise when the OS is activated and a signal is sent to 'turn on' the monitor.

On my Asus monitors, when there's a signal, the power button is blue, when no signal it's orange. Only physically turning off the monitor totally, or pulling the plug, will make the power button dark.

In Standby mode, the power consumption is 0.24w, miniscule, but that's the power required to light the power button and recognise a signal sent from the gpu. The rest of the monitor is basically Off.

Good day,

So I have chosen the LG C2 42" as a display for my PC.
It looks amazing and am happy with it.

I only have one gripe..I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to set the it to start and shutdown when the PC does.
I have messed about in the setting for the past few days with no luck. Is there some sort of software that I need or ?
If anyone can shed some light on this one for me that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Its not a monitor, its a TV, so you just have to accept that its not designed to do what you want.

Yep, LGs OLEDs go into sleep/standby fairly quickly as a protection mechanism. Unlike desktop monitors, once they go to sleep you have to manually power-on, again, as a protection mechanism. OLEDs are getting more robust, but do require extra care that is NA for traditional LCD displays.