LG Debuts 27-inch Personal Smart TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting for the perfect 3D screen before I pay the premium to get one. I wish someone would put out an interleaved passive screen at 1920x2160 with half-height pixels that is natively compatible with 3D Vision (and not terribly overpriced). That would only be 180-odd ppi in the vertical on a 24" screen, certainly not something that would be that difficult to engineer, and it would solve the issues of readability of small text in 3D mode and the striping you see in 2D mode.

Heck, subpixel font rendering wouldn't even be affected. If done right, there wouldn't be much of an argument to be made for 120Hz 3D screens.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I am guessing the price will be around $1200. Its pretty much a 27" IPS monitor which sells around that price point. LG also sells their monitors for a higher price then those they supply for so they don't create market friction.

G

The monitor version of this TV (LG IPS277L) is selling for around $300, so this must sell for around there. These have already been released in Asia and Europe.

Varun Kashyap

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Smart concept for 3D Smart TV but my two pennies it's not very feasible from mass production aspect. The screen size on this will prove to be a hurdle for this product.

uttam531

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
Don't understand why LG has launched a 3D Smart TV with such a small size..The whole concept sounds like a modern-age throwback to the yesteryears.

G

I'm waiting a long time for a TV with these specs... but when I was actually trying to buy it, I found out that it is not wall mountable via VESA specifications.

Damn!

Status
Not open for further replies.