Status
Not open for further replies.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011

whatisupthere

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
The optimus G is out but does it compete? This add has opposite of intended effect for me. It makes me think they are trying to sell me the optimus G before it gets crushed in specs by the S4. Granted I dont know if this is true and I am sure they are both fine phones.

What's funny is when I'm in Times Square, I'm so inundated with billboards and other advertising that I don't really even pay attention to the messages. This is kind of funny though. I'll make a point of paying attention if it's still up next time I pass by.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Seriously.... unless that Samsung body is edge to edge with the screen (Like a certain Motorola Razer on Verizon) - the thing is going to be stupidly huge.

The Motorola Phone is no wider than an iPhone, yet it has a 4.3" screen.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Samsung all the way. Cause the iCrap coffins are for morons! I would consider an LG though, but it is not like Samsung deserves to be ditched yet.

leeashton

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Too bad most people know LG sucks on product support and will not get an Optimus G.[/citation]

lol I have the Optimus G and its already faster and got a better screen that the S4, so f**k you fool!

[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Don't say anything bad about Samsung, the fanboys jump all over you. They are worse than Apple fanboys.[/citation]

The only post down-voted for mocking Samsung is the one that you replied to and that wasn't because it was negative about Samsung; it was down-voted because it was a rude comment. Nobody jumped it anyway.

[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]With my icrap device I don't have to worry about malware or security or page after page of bloatware that can't be uninstalled. I'll take the icrap anyday.[/citation]

Utter BS there. iOS isn't any more secure than Android and there are plenty of Android phones that have no more bloatware than iPhones, if not even less. Nexus phones are always an option and furthermore, I've found it easy to get rid of most of the bloatware even on my only Samsung Android phone and the other Android devices that I've had. Even if I hadn't, it's not like the crap gets in the way of much in most cases. Some of the UI decisions on the non-Nexus Android phones and tablets are poor, but they do what they can to try to differentiate themselves to give us more options and for them to make money without outright copying each other. The "iCrap" doesn't do that much for you.

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
[citation][nom]uhh3000[/nom]A 4.99 inch screen? Was typing 5 inches just too simple?[/citation]

Actually it's more psychological. When u say something cost $1.99, most of the ppl's brain interpret like "well, it's only $1+" and not registered as "$2" even though it's almost the same amount.

For this case when u say "4.99 inch", people who look forward for phone with the screen that is less then 5inch will interpret as 4inch but those people who look forward for 5inch screen will interpret like "well, it's 5inch".

Status
Not open for further replies.