LG to Launch Nexus 5 on October 5 with Android 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johmama

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
Even though I REALLY want to buy this, I did just get my Nexus 4 a few months ago. I might have to skip this one and grab the next one, if there will be one after the Nexus 5.

blackjackedy

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010

Aparat from buying the latest model because it's fashionable to, there's pretty much no reason to upgrade with every generation at the rate they release them

chazzmatt

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009

Snapdragon 800 with 5.2 1080p display is tons better than the Nexus 4. I skipped the Nexus 4 because it wasn't a worthwhile upgrade from the Nexus 3. THIS Nexus 5 I will get.

chazzmatt

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009

Well, you're making that up. It's not going to be released until November (announced in October) so until then you don't know what storage choices there will be.

Just as the Nexus 4 had 8GB or 16 GB choices at 2 price points, the Nexus 5 will probably have 16 or 32GB choices. Lots of people chose the Nexus 4 8GB configuration, but they did so willingly as it was the lowest priced. If my guess is correct with the 16/32 choices, many will choose the 16GB willingly.

G

Can you say, no CDMA , to operate on Version or Sprint .

to bad.

vern72

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2012

The main reason I bought my Nexus 4 was because they weren't updating the Nexus S anymore. So I too probably won't get a Nexus 5.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
What is the practical limit for the screen size and resolution of smartphones? Will we see 7" phones with 4K resolution soon? 5" is a bit too big for my pockets and I can barely tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. I'd prefer they work on the battery and display/peripheral connectivity, so that I just pop it on the desk and it automatically connects with my monitors and keyboard/mouse.

slomo4sho

Distinguished

Actually, I would buy the next generation product if it had mSD expansion and a removable battery.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
I currently have a galaxy nexus. I will definitely buy the Nexus 5. One, because it's a Nexus. Two, it has a 13 MP camera. The rest is good already good enough for me.

dns7950

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
Sounds great, but i`m gonna have to skip this generation. My first phone was a Nexus S. I skipped the Galaxy Nexus and just got a Nexus 4 a few months ago. No sense upgrading when my current phone is perfectly fine.

chazzmatt

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009

LG never said that. An LG VP's comments were mistranslated and everyone ran with it -- even though

1) LG immediately pointed out it was a mistranslation and offered a better translation themselves. But LG cannot confirm or deny they are making the Nexus 5 -- that's up to Google to say. Basically all LG can say is "no comment". It's up to Google to make announcements about their phone. LG can make announcements about the G2.

2) LG showed a prototype of the Nexus 5 to Google's Larry Page when he vistied LG headquarters in South Korea in early May. < THAT was the real evidence. And for some reason, most in the media ignored it. But I saw that as the smoking gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.