[SOLVED] LGA 1151 i7-6500? cpu burned pin

skycaptn

Distinguished
May 2, 2012
So friend wanted to switch from liquid cooled to fans and in the process the puter was turned of, no power hooked to it foe about an hour. He had an msi 1080 ti in the first PCIE slot the only thing left as part of the liquid system was the radiator. I had pushed a hose left on the radiator onto the other hose tap and as I was pushing it on about a half a cup of coolant leaked onto the MB and into the PCie slot. I cleaned the motherboard and the pcie slot with 95% alcohol and pretty much the rest of the board. I did not take the CPU out. when I got around to opening the cpu, there was a bent pin and 1 burned pin in different locations. I sent the board out to have a new socket soldered in. long story sry,. after getting the board back it wouldn't postI had a second LGA 1151 board so I put some componants and the same CPU, (only had one) and it wouldn't post. I tried posting on the 1080 that I took apart and completely cleaned and replaced all the thermal paste. then I removed the 1080 and tried posting with the onboard video i have hooked to a Samsung tv, NO JOY... so my next step is to see if the cpu is fried. everything lights up, fans come on but no post. How/where do I get the CPU checked?

Solution
If the CPU you currently own doesn't work on a known working board, then it's conked out. Just an FYI, there's nothing serviceable on the CPU substrate/die.

skycaptn

Distinguished
May 2, 2012
If the CPU you currently own doesn't work on a known working board, then it's conked out. Just an FYI, there's nothing serviceable on the CPU substrate/die.
I was afraid of that, I knew it in the back of my mind I didn't want it to be...I ordered a new processor last night. Thanks for replying