LGA 1151 V1. LGA 1151 V2. Repair

Jul 17, 2018
Hello Tom's Hardware.

I have a friend that tried to build his pc, and he bend round about 10-15 pind i the cpu Socket so he call me and i got the pc to start it was totaly dead and gave CPU error on MLB. (Tried to bend them back and got i to start but the cpu only uses 5 % of the i7-8700 Cpu) so i call him and told him get a new MLB because he cudent wait more.
Now the pc works verry vell after i change the MLB and put back the pc,

So now my quistion:
He gave me the old damage MLB its a Asus B360-F Gaming so now i wont to heat out the damage socket and replace it, but the socket is a LGA 1151 V2 and i can only find Skylake and that is a V1

i know they have made more power pins and ground but is it still 100 % same socket ???
or do i need to find af dead 8 gen MLB from my workplace or can i ordre the skylake socket ??? :)

Sorry for my english im danish and its a long time since i wrote in english :p

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LGA-1151-Motherboard-Repair-Soldering-Replacement-CPU-Socket-with-Tin-Balls-for-Skylake-Series/32600079826.html

Jul 17, 2018

I have changed socket before but not on 8 gen ord 9 gen so I just need to know if the 1151 v1 and V2 is the same socket or if the socket has changed in hardware configuration soo i was hooping sombody had that knowlight i have used 3 Days now in the web and All point to that it's not the same socket but some says it's only the chipset and Lanes that changed and the socket os 100 a like