[SOLVED] LGA1700 heatsink cold plate too small for taller 12th gen CPUs ?

Hello,
The new 12th Gen intel cpus are taller than previous gens, but I cant find any specific LGA1700 coolers that have a bigger cold plate surface area to cover the taller cpu dimension.
So, even if manufacturers include a conversion bracket for existing cooler designs to fit LGA1700, will the cold plate be too small and thus not cool the cpu optimally ?
I cant find any discussions about this topic, so whats your opinions.
Thanks

Solution
Too small is an overshoot. There will be an overhand for the CPU's IHS but I'm sure that the coolers are yet making contact with the IHS where the die is located under said plate. If you want to invest in a cooler that is designed for LGA1700, then you should hold out a little bit considering how the same happened with ThreadRipper AIO's(waterblocks included) and Aircoolers, it wasn't available at first first during processor launch but they slowly made their way into the market.

Lutfij

Titan
Too small is an overshoot. There will be an overhand for the CPU's IHS but I'm sure that the coolers are yet making contact with the IHS where the die is located under said plate. If you want to invest in a cooler that is designed for LGA1700, then you should hold out a little bit considering how the same happened with ThreadRipper AIO's(waterblocks included) and Aircoolers, it wasn't available at first first during processor launch but they slowly made their way into the market.

Reactions: Nine Layer Nige
Solution
That's it, I was just about to order an i5-12600k and MSI Pro Z690-A mobo then looked for a new cooler and realised non were available from scan or Novatech. I even asked the online chat and they confirmed no LGA 1700 heat sinks or conversion kits. Considering LGA 1700 has been scheduled to launch last week, the cooler manufacturers have had plenty of time in the year lead time to adapt and distrbute ready for the launch.
So, I'm holding off for now and stay with my 6 year old kit.