LG's UltraWide Monitors Are All About Multi-Tasking

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xzendor

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
That Looks Like An Excellent Screen To Use For Graphics Work Or Web Design. Hopefully When Released It Will A Reasonable Price Tag.

jdlobb

Honorable
May 16, 2013
I know that the majority of commenters are panning this idea, but I for one like it, and wish I had one. I know you can get a monitor that is just as wide, but significantly taller and higher resolution, but for me that wouldn't be an acceptible solution at all. For productivity purposes it's inefficient to move your eyes in 2 dimensions. I can scan much more quickly just goign left and right then going up and down as well. When I have used computers with monitors larger than 24" or so I end up bunching my windows in the middle anyways, so the top and bottom of the screen is basically wasted pixels. I'd much rather have good vertical pixel density, and multiply it horizontally. At work (I'm an IT Project Manager for a major bank), I use a pair of 20" monitors and they're perfect. At home I use a slightly larger monitor, 24", because i occassionally watch videos on it.

I'd happily replace my monitors at home and work with one of these double-width monitors.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I saw ultra wide monitors in person and I have to say I really like what I am seeing, I think it's the wave of the future. 16:9 monitors have been around forever, it's time we move ahead to 21:9.

Status
Not open for further replies.