Question Lian AIO controller w/Lian Li Fan controller question.

TripleBullet

Distinguished
May 30, 2013
Hey everyone,

So I’ve ran into a snag with these new Lian Li fans. First time using their equipment. Im confused on proper daisy chain and set up with these. In particular using the AIO controller with the standard Fan Controller.

This video should explain it better than attempting to type it out. Curious if I have them set up properly in the video or is this not going to work the way I need it to?

Thanks

View: https://youtu.be/MPpHqMmxsIQ?si=qn_KPQE5ETotY5ZY

personally i would avoid this type of Lian Li proprietary fan setup.
i've seen many users trying it out and finding they've lost sync with multiple components and have extra software now necessary and extra steps for really no extra benefit.
most i've encountered just end up returning them.

i would much rather have direct control of fans/LED devices through my motherboard and it's control software and/or BIOS and have all my devices synced rather than have to use their USB connection and their separate software for any sort of control.

connecting the UNI fans' hub to a non proprietary Lian Li hub, like the other you have, may limit your options and make all fans share the same speed curve profile and the same RGB options.
if it does allow separate control through their control software, then that may be a good option.
but, i believe the AIO cooler's fans will be connecting to the motherboard CPU_FAN header and this may force any other connected fans to share that fan curve.
you want fan curve profiles individualized based on fan grouping and orientation, not sharing the CPU cooler's.

both hubs would need their own individual power connection, which for these sets I believe is through USB headers.

i would say just set it up with the option(s) you have available and see how it works.
if it does, and you don't mind the extra steps necessary for direct control, just go for it.

TripleBullet

Distinguished
May 30, 2013
personally i would avoid this type of Lian Li proprietary fan setup.
i've seen many users trying it out and finding they've lost sync with multiple components and have extra software now necessary and extra steps for really no extra benefit.
most i've encountered just end up returning them.

i would much rather have direct control of fans/LED devices through my motherboard and it's control software and/or BIOS and have all my devices synced rather than have to use their USB connection and their separate software for any sort of control.

connecting the UNI fans' hub to a non proprietary Lian Li hub, like the other you have, may limit your options and make all fans share the same speed curve profile and the same RGB options.
if it does allow separate control through their control software, then that may be a good option.
but, i believe the AIO cooler's fans will be connecting to the motherboard CPU_FAN header and this may force any other connected fans to share that fan curve.
you want fan curve profiles individualized based on fan grouping and orientation, not sharing the CPU cooler's.

both hubs would need their own individual power connection, which for these sets I believe is through USB headers.

i would say just set it up with the option(s) you have available and see how it works.
if it does, and you don't mind the extra steps necessary for direct control, just go for it.
Appreciate the reply!

The solution was returning all of the TL fans for Lian Li SL models. TLDR, TL's aren't designed to work with their AIO's (At least this one in particular) which should be marketed better. It took me a couple hours to learn the difference between all their fans and what plug's they use. Went through several PDF's. Some of their wiring instructions were a bit confusing as well.

The solution in the video did not work, I ended up testing it to make sure which led me to return them for SL models. The SL models plugged directly into the controller that the AIO came with.

I certainly might try some 3rd party software for controlling everything eventually. A buddy of mine loves OpenRGB. I'll see how Lian Li's software holds up.

That said I got her all finished earlier today.

cWe5iCD.jpeg

I would doubt any 3rd party software is going to detect the available LEDs.
these do not use motherboard aRGB headers, right?

but, does the Lian Li software allow individual control of grouped fans?
so they are not stuck sharing a single fan curve or single RGB profile?

also, is there any way to connect other aRGB devices to the Lian Li hub or to be recognized by their software?
or are you stuck just keeping the Lian Li fans & cooler not synced with the rest of the system?

TripleBullet

Distinguished
May 30, 2013
I would doubt any 3rd party software is going to detect the available LEDs.
these do not use motherboard aRGB headers, right?

but, does the Lian Li software allow individual control of grouped fans?
so they are not stuck sharing a single fan curve or single RGB profile?

also, is there any way to connect other aRGB devices to the Lian Li hub or to be recognized by their software?
or are you stuck just keeping the Lian Li fans & cooler not synced with the rest of the system?

I was able to get it all synced properly with the Lian Li Module.

I am not using any motherboard headers for the RGB.

The software allows the "groups" of fans to be set separately regarding RGB, RPM's and fan curves. So, while I can't set individual fans I can set my Side Intake, Bottom Intake, Top Exhaust and Rear Exhaust separately allowing fine tuning regarding pressure in the case or more creative RGB set ups.

It would be hard for me to say if the Lian Li module would allow other brands fans to use it. I would imagine that would be a no. Since my entire system is now Lian Li it is all synced together properly. RAM is corsair so I use iCue for that and then Gigabytes software for the GPU.