Question Lian-Li 011 dynamic XL help

DarkPrinceChrono

Honorable
Feb 12, 2015
So, my most recent rig, I used the Lian-Li 011 dynamic XL. I love the case, but here's the issue I keep having. My primary storage drive is a 1TB NVME drive...

That's fine, I installed my second 1TB SSD, And my 5TB data drive in the hotswap bay (the bottom one I removed the top one for wire space due to many rgb fan wires (12 fans to be precise) so first problem I have was in bios with all the drives installed, it wouldn't boot..

I looked at some threads tweaked some settings bam it boots without issues now.. now once I format the other 2 drives and name them, it seems every few days after reboot they are both blank slates don't show in the "this pc" window, and when I look at them in the drive manager, they show the "please format to use this drive" message..

So every day or every other day they completely go blank and I can't figure out why. I'm not doing anything to them I'm not removing them using the eject icon in windows, they just disappear on reboot randomly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need a little more information. Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

What BIOS version are you operating on at the time of writing? You might also want to see if there are BIOS updates pending on your motherboard manufacturer's support site.

DarkPrinceChrono

Honorable
Feb 12, 2015
We're going to need a little more information. Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

What BIOS version are you operating on at the time of writing? You might also want to see if there are BIOS updates pending on your motherboard manufacturer's support site.

Ryzen 9 5900X, gigabyte aorus master x570, g.skill trident Z 2x16, 1tb western digital black NVME ssd, 1tb samsung 870 evo, one 5tb toshiba HDD, msi rtx 2080, evga supernova 1200 watt, Lian-Li 0-11 Dynamic XL, windows ten pro up to date. Bios is current.

Last edited:

DarkPrinceChrono

Honorable
Feb 12, 2015
The problem still persists it's driving me insane because my primary NVME is almost full and I've got plenty of storage, but it along with anything I store in it is completely wiped in under a week, and I can't have that. I'm not wasting time installing many games, if they're just going to disappear in a few days. Does anyone else have this problem, and if so how did you fix it?

DarkPrinceChrono

Honorable
Feb 12, 2015
Bump, as a course of action I removed the hotswap bays, it ran fine for a week, on boot today, I noticed that I no longer have some games checked as installed on steam, checked my "this pc" and it's back to default, only my OS drive is showing, and the other drive was cleared again, anyone have any idea what can be causing this? Is there a bios setting to tweak? Like I don't understand but I'm losing valuable data. I've never had these issues in another build before, or just using a different case... But I love my case so I'm confused please help.

Last edited: