Question Lian Li Galahad compatibility, AM5

Feb 14, 2023
Hi there everyone!

I'm working on my first build and I'm going with a Ryzen 5 7600x. The build is mostly white so while looking for an AIO cooler I've found the Lian Li Galahad 360. Does anyone know if it can be installed on AM5 socket? If you search the model in the official website it says that it is compatible, but I've also read on some posts that you may need something like an adapter (same as I know for sure is needed for LGA 1700). When I check specs in some shops it is never said nothing about AM5, just AM4. May it be cause info hasn't been updated yet?

Also, I've seen in Reddit that NZXT Kraken AIO models are recommended to be installed with a specific AM5 bracket (official link below), so it makes me wonder even more.

Thanks in advice!

Hi there everyone!

I'm working on my first build and I'm going with a Ryzen 5 7600x. The build is mostly white so while looking for an AIO cooler I've found the Lian Li Galahad 360. Does anyone know if it can be installed on AM5 socket?

If you are using the motherboard backplate, then the Lian Li Galahad 360 is compatible with the AM5 platform out of the box and it does not need an adapter.

Also, I've seen in Reddit that NZXT Kraken AIO models are recommended to be installed with a specific AM5 bracket (official link below), so it makes me wonder even more.
Thanks in advice!
Some NZXT Kraken X and Kraken Z coolers require a AM5 bracket, some other models do not.

Feb 14, 2023
If you are using the motherboard backplate, then the Lian Li Galahad 360 is compatible with the AM5 platform out of the box and it does not need an adapter.
I'm using the Strix B650 A so in that case, I shouldn't have any problem. Thank you so much for your reply, helped a lot!