[SOLVED] Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Performance Fan questions!

yaboibaron

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017
So im swapping from a NZXT H510 case to Lian Li Lancool 2. I currently have a corsair pro xt(?) AIO for my cpu. it gets pretty loud when those fans reach over 1600 rpm. and my idle temps rn are 55 cpu, and my Evga 3080 idles around 55-60. Switching because I dont think this 510 was built to handle the 3080 high temps. the case just gets too loud for me in more demanding games. and my room gets HOT.

SO, When i Buy the case, Im also wanting to buy all noctua fans. I know its not needed but I value noise level over anything since the case is right next to me. Which Noctua fans do i buy? Should I replace my corsair aio fans with noctuas as well? any advice on types of fans would be greatly appreciated.
Also will my temps drop a lot in this new case? Will it be a lot quieter? Thanks for your time!

Solution
MY AIO Is 240mm currently front mounted on my 510. thats the only place it could mount anyway lol
Ok then front mount the aio on the case, put the front case fans on the top as exhaust instead, and at least 1 fan on top of the psu shroud as intake for gpu. If it's the FE put it directly under the intake fan on the card. I'd buy a Noctua NF-F12 ippc 2000rpm or chromax (the one with different colored anti vibration pads). You don't need to replace the aio fans, they're good enough. You can even add a 120mm fan on the front if you fancy it, to keep a +ve air pressure so there's less dust in the case. But then id suggest putting 2 fans on the psu shroud so that heat is pushed away from your GPU asap.

The stock fans in this case...
MY AIO Is 240mm currently front mounted on my 510. thats the only place it could mount anyway lol
Ok then front mount the aio on the case, put the front case fans on the top as exhaust instead, and at least 1 fan on top of the psu shroud as intake for gpu. If it's the FE put it directly under the intake fan on the card. I'd buy a Noctua NF-F12 ippc 2000rpm or chromax (the one with different colored anti vibration pads). You don't need to replace the aio fans, they're good enough. You can even add a 120mm fan on the front if you fancy it, to keep a +ve air pressure so there's less dust in the case. But then id suggest putting 2 fans on the psu shroud so that heat is pushed away from your GPU asap.

The stock fans in this case aren't that powerful. 61cfm x2 for the 140s and 55cfm for the 120. Since yiu want to run it quiet, you should probably keep the aio fan curve at like 30% till 65-70° then ramp up to 100 at 85° because ryzen boosts from idle very quickly and temps soar for a moment then come down immediately.

The stock fans won't be that noisy since they don't spin that fast anyway.

Solution

yaboibaron

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017

The stock fans in this case aren't that powerful. 61cfm x2 for the 140s and 55cfm for the 120. Since yiu want to run it quiet, you should probably keep the aio fan curve at like 30% till 65-70° then ramp up to 100 at 85° because ryzen boosts from idle very quickly and temps soar for a moment then come down immediately.

The stock fans won't be that noisy since they don't spin that fast anyway.
Yeah my fan curve right now has it not get insane until like 75ish. will do! Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Prad_Bitt