[SOLVED] Lian Li Lancool 205 (non-mesh)case setup

Feb 28, 2021
My Case

I added the gen fan on the rear to exhaust.
2 RGB fronts cool the case.
The top 2 RGB cool the radiator.

I guess my question would be, is this the ideal setup? Should I mount the radiator in front vertically and the 2 other up top blowing down? Im also looking at the case and not sure if I can even add anymore fans!

Any suggestions would be great!

Solution
That's 2 questions.
1)There is no 'ideal' setup. There's always a tradeoff somewhere, which can be minor/major depending on the hardware in the system.
The current setup is better for gpu thermals and worse for cpu.

2)If you want to, minus the fans blowing down part. Don't do top intake unless you have a turbo/blower, hybrid(front mounted), or custom liquid cooled gpu.
Front vertical is the opposite of top exhaust: worse for gpu thermals and better for cpu.
It also presents another downside if you have no choice to mount it with the tubes entering the radiator at the top: You won't be able to keep it there as long as front vertical(tubes down) or a top mount.

It doesn't look like you're working with anything 'big', so it matters...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That's 2 questions.
1)There is no 'ideal' setup. There's always a tradeoff somewhere, which can be minor/major depending on the hardware in the system.

2)If you want to, minus the fans blowing down part. Don't do top intake unless you have a turbo/blower, hybrid(front mounted), or custom liquid cooled gpu.
Front vertical is the opposite of top exhaust: worse for gpu thermals and better for cpu.
It also presents another downside if you have no choice to mount it with the tubes entering the radiator at the top: You won't be able to keep it there as long as front vertical(tubes down) or a top mount.

It doesn't look like you're working with anything 'big', so it matters little how you want to set it up.

Reactions: Dj0gany
Solution
Feb 28, 2021
That's 2 questions.

It doesn't look like you're working with anything 'big', so it matters little how you want to set it up.

Gotta squeeze in as many questions as possible! I know my CPU runs accordingly as its not OC and the setup is working. My GPU runs approx 60-70C while running MSFS for a while. I was more curious if there could be a more efficient way to set this case up!