Lian Li Launches the PC-5600 Dual-Compartment Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

DylanSLC

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
The PSU slot should be on the other side also so if you have multiple GPUs the bottom one doesn't have a PSU in its face constricting airflow. Might just be my own craziness thinking that though.

Sep 23, 2013
More than a simple case for sure! I can build something very impressive there too. but definitive taking the advice of the mother board "Asus Ramage IV Extreme" sweet piece of hardware.

SessouXFX

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
PC-5600 v Carbide Air 540? Sounds like a nice comparison to me. When Corsair intro'd the 540 Air, I told myself out loud, Lian-Li could learn a lot from Corsair.... Dreams do come true... (wiping a tear)

Why put the PSU on the same side as the motherboard? Seems like that defeats part of the purpose of the two-chambered case. The Air 540 seems to be the best at this point. It's good to see more companies competing with non-traditional case designs though. Some good things will come out of it.

SessouXFX

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
The only reason I see for the PSU to be on the same side as the motherboard, is copyright infringement. That, and the fans help vent the heat out better, than if it were on the opposite side.

major-error

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012
Seems like the infatuation with server (tower) form-factor cases doing workstation duty is back. The only thing missing from this one is the casters.
I still have my old Chenbro A9891 Netserver case sitting around here somewhere...

major-error

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, you can't win either way with this sort of chambered design...
Put the PSU on the drive side, and you run the risk of needing extenders for all power connections to the MB & GPU(s) in addition to possible impacts on air-flow.
Put the PSU on MB side, and you only need to extend power for devices in the drive bays.

My experience with the old Chenbro Netserver case says that Lian Li made the better choice here--4-wire device power extensions are a lot cheaper...

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
definitely more roomy than the carbide air (by 33%, 61.3L v 83.2L). the carbide builds look cleaner with the psu in the back, but lian li looks like they had water cooling in mind when putting the psu in the front. looks like lian li could have reduced the overall width. at a glance it looks like they soldered two m-atx cases side by side.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Meh, I was picturing a case with dual mobo back planes and PS's. I could put a nice full size AT board on one side for my fast video card and stuff on one side and a much smaller micro on the other with a smaller PS and a couple of SATA cards for a nice big array of storage drives, internally networked but all in one case. That way I could rid of an extra case with drives.

By putting the PSU on the other side they would have limited the size of water cooling rad that could be used. I think it is great the way it is really would make for a great water cooled rig with dual rads.

blader15sk8

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
I was excited at first since I love the design of the Corsair Carbide Air 540, and have been waiting to see more cases like it.. but I feel the 540 is much more appealing, except for water cooling I suppose.

urbanman2004

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
Lian Li's are a quality brand I respect. This the motherload of all chasis right here. The main question someone using this needs to know is, "What you gonna do with all that chasis?" Especially when you can fit just little more than 2 hi-grade systems in it.

athrenglory

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
I feel like they could of went with a dual PSU design, giving the customer an option of using one PSU on either side or if needed use both.

daflory

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Hmm. It could hold six Supermicro 5-in-3 SAS racks and thirty 3.5in hard drives. Someone's bound to want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS