Lian Li PC-O11 WX Oversized ATX Case Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennphill

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2012
Nice review. Thanks. (You are always very good with your reviews.) The 'kids' after convincing me on my last build that I 'no longer needed' an optical drive on the outside of my case...and falling in love with the white Corsair Air 240 which now houses my most recent build...well, they caused me to immediately buy an external optical drive! I won't soon buy a case without an external optical drive. JOMHO. Reason for writing is that with a new 27" BenQ Monitor 2560x1440 reading a review of a BLACK case is very frustrating! Cannot see any of the detail (well, very little) because it's basically black on black! (With an occasional spot of an LED or back light through a grating. I don't know what the best solution is, but it seems you could (somehow, in this day and age) modify the pictures of such black cases so detail is easier seen. (How's that for a complaint/suggestion?) Good review though. :)

Kip69

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
As this is a watercooling case, why not show what it can hold there? Testing it with air is a good start, but.....

Tesselator

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
I've learned the hard way - or should I say the fun way - that computer cases are just a bad idea in general unless your machine is around splashy liquids or something. Firstly whoever thought up the idea of putting our beautiful hardware inside a tin box is just a loon. That given, I find that just by attaching a back-plate to the motherboard and setting it directly on my desktop:

1) saves the most space,
2) decreases overall system noise,
3) decreases system ambient heat dramatically!!!,
4) affords an unprecedented amount of component and connector access,
5) looks completely impressive and awesome,
6) saves at least $100 on every build,
7) related to #3, increases the efficiency of all coolers,
8) saves >2 hours of build-time, (you literally just set the stuff in place and turn it on)
9) potentially saves many hours when/if troubleshooting is needed

So that's it for me. I'm never using another case again... ever. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.