Lian-Li Prices PC Cases That Look Like Desks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
So I think I've traced the inspiration for this to all the Desk mods people have done recently. Problem is, I think the whole fun aspect to it is creating the mod yourself. A desk is also a highly individual object, something that people like myself would rather try before you buy, and do a lot of research on before just picking a desk. Also people are going to have very different surface space requirements, and height, if it's not fully adjustable and available in multiple sizes, no one will buy it. And all-aluminum does not work cost effectively for this item. Particle board or even real wood would've been cheaper in some parts. I could go on but I think that's enough.

lp231

Splendid

Yes it's for safety, but they still do break without warning.
Happened to my shower door once, that thing just exploded without warning, and it was quite loud.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_glass_breakage

Cool concept, really. Especially for those of us who have small dedicated PC gaming desks next to our main office/home desks like I do. But it doesn't look so cool for air-cooled rigs. Where are the intake and exhaust fan outlets in this "case" there? And I'll definitely pass for the cost of a serious GPU upgrade which I need now since moving up to 1440p and still using a single GTX 680.

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
I want a red harbringer desk! I was hoping these would be more of a budget desk build but they don't even seem comfortable or provide enough space for keyboard/mouse/gamepad.

Status
Not open for further replies.