Lian Li Showcases Three Cases With Only SFX PSU Mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the sample build of the P90 there is no ODD visible. Is there any ODD drive support at all? for such a monsterous case this seems like there would have to be some sort of support for 5.25 bays. If anything for a fan controller.

BadCommand

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
While I applaud any effort to get people to use less power in their rigs while using less space and case materials- this is asinine- these cases are every bit as big as ATX sized cases so why would anyone want to limit their buying choices in PSU's?

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
While I applaud any effort to get people to use less power in their rigs while using less space and case materials- this is asinine- these cases are every bit as big as ATX sized cases so why would anyone want to limit their buying choices in PSU's?

It really does beg the question.

Anathemata

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011

It really does beg the question.

In the case of the Q37 and O10, the height/depth are not much greater than the Mini-ITX/ATX motherboards they house (a little greater vertical space for water cooling) and the width is only increased by the height of an SFX PSU, rather than ATX. In that case, it stays about 2" narrower than an equivalent design with an ATX PSU.

A modern SFX PSU can easily power a modern GPU/CPU combo, so nothing is lost, although it might cost a little more. If you are buying a Lian-Li case, though, I doubt you are worried about cost.

I like the design. If they had somehow incorporated the water-cooling solution into the back-side of the PC-O10 it would have been better. Looking at it there is definitely room, and could have cut off even more vertical height.

Status
Not open for further replies.