Lian-Li's PC-V1000 Updated After 9 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

christinebcw

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
I'm glad to see a large number of HDDs included in photos to display the air-spacing between the 3.5's. It doesn't read like Lian Li's posted SSD holes under-the-3.5" tray mountings, though, which is a nice addition that some case-makers are now employing. With the 12-SATA connector X99s arriving, I'm hoping we'll see more imaginative drive-bay considerations.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Will you guys ever fix this website? Why do I have click twice on a picture to get the enlarged imaged? The first time I click on it it takes me to a new page then I click on the image again and new window opens!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Design like that wasn't acceptable back in AOL/dial up days let alone 2014.

interesting. this reminds me of the lian-li v2000b+ that i used to own. great case with excellent build quality and a classic styling which is rather timeless. they have always been a bit expensive though.

christinebcw

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
It's interesting that they don't have any SATA cables attached. That's a really clean way to do it! My other fear is that, while the case's width dimension is large enough, it appears the drive trays won't allow drives to be inserted 'tail out', thus making drive swaps and maintenance easier. A maint worker will have to hoist this puppy up, unload all sides to simply get to drive-cables on one side only, and extract the drive from the other. What a useless pain.

Jeffrey H

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014
That many Small Drive Bays can surely put your computer as a "Mini-Server" at best, I say perfect for that purpose, my older Case here has about 4 which perfect for a Full PC.

christinebcw

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Yes, when case designers and all those molding engineers install drive bays, they truly DO imagine people using them. A lot or all of them. If anyone's noticed, file-sizes HAVE increased, ergo file-storage needs an increase, and storage devices therefore have increased.

And as DRM and subscriber services strangle more consumers, some folks say, "No thanks, I own a copy myself and I'll watch it/use it on my schedule on my equipment."

Gazabi

Reputable
Sep 2, 2014

hahaha I dont mean the +$2000 trashcan with a fan, I mean the older ones that were actual towers, like the powermac g5

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS