Question Light indicators not working correctly on laptop

MitjaHD

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
Today I noticed on my L590 that the light indicators don't turn on/off correctly on caps lock, numlock, etc. Usually when I click the button, the light doesn't turn on (the button works anyway). Sometimes they turn on by themselves and start blinking (turning on and off). Sometimes three of them start blinking at the same time (capslock, numlock and F4 for mic). I don't know what's going on, the lights seem to work on their own. OS is updated, also updated from Vantage.

Could you post the blinking pattern.
Try this
Go to Settings>System>Power and click the Additional power settings link.
On the left pane click the Choose what the power buttons do.
Click the link Change settings that are currently unavailable.
Untick Turn on fast startup (recommended), click the Save changes button, then power off and power back on.

MitjaHD

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
Could you post the blinking pattern.
Try this
Go to Settings>System>Power and click the Additional power settings link.
On the left pane click the Choose what the power buttons do.
Click the link Change settings that are currently unavailable.
Untick Turn on fast startup (recommended), click the Save changes button, then power off and power back on.
I tried your suggestion, but it didn't solve it. I didn't notice the pattern with blinking, sometimes I press ESC and 3 lights fire up, sometimes they don't and even when they do, they go back off immidetly. Other times they just turn on and off on their own, I can't really reproduce a pattern. The backlit (whole keyboard) works with no probelm on the other hand, if that matters.

I tried your suggestion, but it didn't solve it. I didn't notice the pattern with blinking, sometimes I press ESC and 3 lights fire up, sometimes they don't and even when they do, they go back off immidetly. Other times they just turn on and off on their own, I can't really reproduce a pattern. The backlit (whole keyboard) works with no probelm on the other hand, if that matters.
Uninstall the keyboard form the Device Manager and reboot.

I have seen that issue when the laptop came in contact with liquid, high humidity, faulty keyboard and loose RAM module.

MitjaHD

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
Uninstall the keyboard form the Device Manager and reboot.

I have seen that issue when the laptop came in contact with liquid, high humidity, faulty keyboard and loose RAM module.
I already tried uninstalling the drivers. It's weird that none of led lights on buttons work correctly.